Thread: Zend framework Tool in OpenSuse ...

Default Zend framework Tool in OpenSuse ...

Hi, all!
    I am having problems in installing Zend Tool in my suse ... it looks very easy to install but it is not for me ...
    so I am reading here Zend Framework: Documentation: Using the CLI Tool - Zend Framework Manual and I am trying to make the things work ...
    So first of all when I download the zend framework and I open the bin folder by entering the commands
    cd /opt/lampp/htdocs/zend/bin
    ./zf.sh show version
    I have to navigate to the folder with the .sh file and then to open it ... It has to show some response but nothing like this happens ... it shows
    ./zf.sh: line 44: php: command not found
    I am using xampp ...
    I am not good with the command line but using Zend Tool is really easy in windows and the fact that I cant use it in linux is quite disappointing ...
    the easiest way to work with Zend Tool is to make a bin folder in the htdocs and then to put the zf.sh and zf.php in that folder and then to make alias to the sh file ... the thing is that when I do that it gives me the same problem (./zf.sh: line 44: php: command not found) ... do someone has any idea how to fix it ...
    I am using openSuse 12

Default Re: Zend framework Tool in OpenSuse ...

I also has faced to the same problem. is there any way to install php-cli separately on opensuse 12? when I google it I found that on opensuse there are no need to install php5-cli and it's not exists on opensuse because it has bundled with php. I tried to install zend server CE but can't install mysql with it and when I install mysql first php-mysql library has outdated. so can anybody help to execute php commands on terminal on opensuse 12 when using xampp? thanks

Default Re: Zend framework Tool in OpenSuse ...

I don't know I did the right thing, but I think it's right but can't test it because just saw ZF2(still beta) has no Zend_Tool still. things I did is,

• extract Zend framework to /usr/share/php/Zend/library
    • on terminal su - and enter root password
    • gedit /opt/lampp/etc/php.ini (open php.ini as root) and add zend framework include path; include_path = ".:/usr/share/php/Zend/library" (find include_path on the php.ini)
    • gedit /etc/bash.bashrc.local (to set path to PHP) and add follwing lines;

Code:
    PHP_HOME=/opt/lampp
    export PATH=$PATH:$PHP_HOME/bin
    I think I did right, need to verify.

Then to work Zend Tools I added following lines to end of .bashrc file (on home/ ctrl +h to show hidden files).
    Code:
    alias zf=/usr/share/php/Zend/bin/zf.sh
    currently it gives a fetal error when I write zf show version because still ZF2 hasn't a Zend Tool directory, hope it works with ZF1.