Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing repositories perhaps?

Default Missing repositories perhaps?

Hello everyone!

I get this error very frequently when trying to install a new package:

Problem: nothing provides libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.15)(64bit) needed by libqt4-4.7.4-19.4.1.x86_64
    Solution 1: do not install libqt4-4.7.4-19.4.1.x86_64
    Solution 2: break libqt4 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):

Is this saying that the standard library for c++ isn't installed? Because it definitely is. I also have glibc installed fully, with g++ and gcc. So what is going on? It seems like this should be a very standard library that should definitely be included in the repositories. Is there some magical repository out there that I don't know about that I need to add? Here's what I already have:

Code:
    #  | Alias                            | Name                                   | Enabled | Refresh
    ---+----------------------------------+----------------------------------------+---------+--------
     1 | Updates-for-openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0 | Updates for openSUSE 11.4 11.4-0       | Yes     | Yes    
     2 | Updates_for_12.1                 | Updates for 12.1                       | Yes     | Yes    
     3 | download.opensuse.org-Community  | openSUSE BuildService - Mono:Community | Yes     | Yes    
     4 | download.opensuse.org-standard   | Main Repository (Contrib)              | Yes     | Yes    
     5 | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0             | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0                   | Yes     | No     
     6 | opensuse-guide.org-repo          | libdvdcss repository                   | Yes     | Yes    
     7 | packman-essentials               | packman-essentials                     | Yes     | Yes    
     8 | packman.inode.at-suse            | Packman Repository                     | Yes     | Yes    
     9 | repo-debug                       | openSUSE-11.4-Debug                    | Yes     | Yes    
    10 | repo-debug-update                | openSUSE-11.4-Update-Debug             | Yes     | Yes    
    11 | repo-non-oss                     | openSUSE-11.4-Non-Oss                  | Yes     | Yes    
    12 | repo-oss                         | openSUSE-11.4-Oss                      | Yes     | Yes    
    13 | repo-source                      | openSUSE-11.4-Source                   | Yes     | Yes
    Thank you all for your help, and merry Christmas!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Missing repositories perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by hyperutila View Post
    Hello everyone!

I get this error very frequently when trying to install a new package:

Problem: nothing provides libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.15)(64bit) needed by libqt4-4.7.4-19.4.1.x86_64
    Solution 1: do not install libqt4-4.7.4-19.4.1.x86_64
    Solution 2: break libqt4 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):

Is this saying that the standard library for c++ isn't installed? Because it definitely is. I also have glibc installed fully, with g++ and gcc. So what is going on? It seems like this should be a very standard library that should definitely be included in the repositories. Is there some magical repository out there that I don't know about that I need to add? Here's what I already have:

Code:
    #  | Alias                            | Name                                   | Enabled | Refresh
    ---+----------------------------------+----------------------------------------+---------+--------
     1 | Updates-for-openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0 | Updates for openSUSE 11.4 11.4-0       | Yes     | Yes    
     2 | Updates_for_12.1                 | Updates for 12.1                       | Yes     | Yes    
     3 | download.opensuse.org-Community  | openSUSE BuildService - Mono:Community | Yes     | Yes    
     4 | download.opensuse.org-standard   | Main Repository (Contrib)              | Yes     | Yes    
     5 | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0             | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0                   | Yes     | No     
     6 | opensuse-guide.org-repo          | libdvdcss repository                   | Yes     | Yes    
     7 | packman-essentials               | packman-essentials                     | Yes     | Yes    
     8 | packman.inode.at-suse            | Packman Repository                     | Yes     | Yes    
     9 | repo-debug                       | openSUSE-11.4-Debug                    | Yes     | Yes    
    10 | repo-debug-update                | openSUSE-11.4-Update-Debug             | Yes     | Yes    
    11 | repo-non-oss                     | openSUSE-11.4-Non-Oss                  | Yes     | Yes    
    12 | repo-oss                         | openSUSE-11.4-Oss                      | Yes     | Yes    
    13 | repo-source                      | openSUSE-11.4-Source                   | Yes     | Yes
    Thank you all for your help, and merry Christmas!
    So are you using 11.4 or 12.1
    Because you have repos for both enabled

It's a wonder your system actually works at all

zypper lr -d

please
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Haha, yes, I'm using 11.4. I only added the 12.1 update repository because it had something I needed that 11.4 didn't. I don't remember what it was though. I suppose I could remove that now.

Blog Entries

Haha, yes, I'm using 11.4. I only added the 12.1 update repository because it had something I needed that 11.4 didn't. I don't remember what it was though. I suppose I could remove that now.
    You suppose?
    Do it, or you be waving goodbye to your install.
    Now you will need to try and undo the mess you made.
    Adding 12.1 was never a viable option to whatever your package problem was!
    Leap 15_KDE

Hmm...I guess I misunderstand how repositories work. Does adding another repository do anything more than just provide another source to download software and updates? It didn't remove the other repositories by adding 12.1, did it? So, I did remove the 12.1 repository. Now I don't have that problem, but I think you're right that some other things got installed with newer versions that maybe shouldn't have done that. Do you know of a way to go through and get everything back to its proper version?

Blog Entries

It didn't remove 11.4 repos, no. So that's OK

The proper way to do it, would be to run zypper dup in a su - terminal
    Then apply the switches back on Packman
    But I'm guessing you don't know exactly what I mean?

For now.
    Open a terminal now, become su -
    And post the result of: zypper ve
    Leap 15_KDE

Yes, I'm sorry I'm not more knowledgeable. Here are the results of zypper ve:

Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

Problem: nothing provides libbluray0 needed by xbmc-10.1-5.2.x86_64
    Solution 1: deinstallation of xbmc-10.1-5.2.x86_64
    Solution 2: break xbmc by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c)

I already knew that I didn't have that library though. It was upgraded to libbluray1 in the packman repository, though it was hard coded into xbmc as libbluray0. If I say to break xbmc by ignoring some of its dependencies, then it wants to reinstall xbmc and after that, nothing else comes up. Does that mean that that's the only inconsistency in the dependencies of all of my installed packages?

Blog Entries

Ignore that error it's a know issue. A fix will arrive eventually.

Are you using gnome or kde
    Leap 15_KDE

I'm using gnome.

Blog Entries

I'm using gnome.
    What I want you to do is easier if you do this
    http://forums.opensuse.org/informati...ml#post2178088

Then open Yast > Software Management

Tell me when you are there and I'll tell you what to do
    Leap 15_KDE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast