Thread: OpenSUSE 12.1: PDF Previews in Dolphin

Default OpenSUSE 12.1: PDF Previews in Dolphin

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I have found that on a pristine 12.1 installation (i.e., not an upgrade from 11.4) the option to preview PDF files was missing from Dolphin. A quick Google search reveals this post from the Arch Linux forums, which suggests to check whether the kdegraphics-thumbnailers package is installed. As it turns out, on my machine it wasn't--after installing, PDF previews work as expected.

By the way, it'd be nice if the ability to preview LibreOffice files was packaged in by default. Meanwhile, this is easily fixable by installing the kde4-odf-thumbnail-plugin from any of a number of home repos in build.opensuse.org.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: OpenSUSE 12.1: PDF Previews in Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by licehunter View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I have found that on a pristine 12.1 installation (i.e., not an upgrade from 11.4) the option to preview PDF files was missing from Dolphin. A quick Google search reveals this post from the Arch Linux forums, which suggests to check whether the kdegraphics-thumbnailers package is installed. As it turns out, on my machine it wasn't--after installing, PDF previews work as expected.

By the way, it'd be nice if the ability to preview LibreOffice files was packaged in by default. Meanwhile, this is easily fixable by installing the kde4-odf-thumbnail-plugin from any of a number of home repos in build.opensuse.org.
    This is a great suggestion about installing the kdegraphics-thumbnailers package from YaST and thanks for letting us know about doing that. As for your other request, I suggest you consider making this suggestion in openFATE.

You just need to create a new request there and then start a new message say in the General Chit-Chat forum requesting others to help support (vote it up) it.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas