Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: acroread process won't die.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    230

    Default acroread process won't die.

    The title says it all. When I close acroread, the window closes, but the process won't die. The process goes from normal CPU usage up to 100% usage in one CPU core and will never end. It makes no difference if I close with the window icon, use "exit" from the file menu, or even close the open document prior to closing the program. Sigterm will not even kill it. I try to kill it from "top" with no luck. I use "killall acroread" or "kill Process number" and there is no reaction. The only way I can stop the process is "killall acroread -s KILL". I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of other problem. This is a fresh install of OpenSuSE 12.1 with my old "home" directory saved. I have reinstalled acroread and nothing changed. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:06:52 +0000, purevw wrote:

    > When I close acroread, the window closes, but the process won't die.


    You're not alone - I see that issue as well. I just kill -9 it myself as
    well, as it's an Adobe issue that they need to address.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    Sorry, I didn't even think about it being 3rd party software. Posted to the wrong place.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On 2011-11-23 09:32, DenverD wrote:
    > it is here https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=731896


    I have acroread-9.4.6 in 11.4, not 9.4.2-3 as the report

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On 11/23/2011 11:08 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > I have acroread-9.4.6 in 11.4, not 9.4.2-3 as the report
    >


    is your acroread broken?

    --
    DD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:46:02 +0000, purevw wrote:

    > Sorry, I didn't even think about it being 3rd party software. Posted to
    > the wrong place.


    No, not a problem at all - you're in the right place, I was just pointing
    out that it's an Acrobat issue.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On 2011-11-23 15:29, DenverD wrote:
    > On 11/23/2011 11:08 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    >> I have acroread-9.4.6 in 11.4, not 9.4.2-3 as the report
    >>

    >
    > is your acroread broken?


    No. But my point is that mine seems newer. Maybe there is an update :-?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:23:07 +0000, Carlos E. R. wrote:

    > On 2011-11-23 15:29, DenverD wrote:
    >> On 11/23/2011 11:08 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    >>> I have acroread-9.4.6 in 11.4, not 9.4.2-3 as the report
    >>>
    >>>

    >> is your acroread broken?

    >
    > No. But my point is that mine seems newer. Maybe there is an update :-?


    I've got that version on mine (9.4.6) and it occasionally hangs for me.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: acroread process won't die.

    On 2011-11-23 23:42, Jim Henderson wrote:
    > I've got that version on mine (9.4.6) and it occasionally hangs for me.


    Yes, that's typical of acroread. But never in the way the OP describes.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •