Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citrix Receiver crashes

Default Citrix Receiver crashes

Dear Friends

I just migrated from Ubuntu to openSUSE 12.1, and I like it so far. But Citrix is giving me a headache, and I really need it to function correctly since we use Citrix at work.

I am using the Citrix Receiver Version 11.100.158406 downloaded as 64bit RPM from their website. Kernel is 3.1.0-1.2-desktop x86_64, openSUSE 12.1 desktop version with KDE.

When attempting to connect, it crashes with the following trace:

(wfica:10166): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "ox - Pastebin.com

Any and every help is appreciated. If you need more information I'd be happy to provide it.

Thank you!
    Patrick

Default Re: Citrix Receiver crashes

Hi,

Try installing the gtk2 engines. I had a similar issue a while ago, though not in 12.1

Best,
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

Hello riderplus,

Now the gtk-related warnings are gone, but the pointer error still remains :-(

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by hauptstrasse View Post
    Hello riderplus,

Now the gtk-related warnings are gone, but the pointer error still remains :-(

Regards
    If you haven't already checked them, maybe these link could help: linux - How to force abort on "glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer" - Stack Overflow
    or an older thread:
    Gentoo Forums :: View topic - glibc detected free(): invalid pointer:

There are different solutions, though.

Best,
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

Thank you, that did it. I am writing down the solution below in case anyone has the same problem.

Turns out glibc terminates the program because its buggy as shyat. Setting MALLOC_CHECK_ to zero doesn't help, this option is no longer present in 2.14

I downloaded the diehard library from DieHard, compiled it, copied it to /usr/local/lib and edited /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh to LD_PRELOAD it:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    ICAROOT=/opt/Citrix/ICAClient 
    export ICAROOT
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libdiehard.so
    export LD_PRELOAD
    $ICAROOT/wfica -log -file $1 >/tmp/icalog 2>&1
    Now it works :-)

Thank you for your help.

Glad that you solved it!

Best,
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

hello hauptstrasse,

please can you tell me how you compiled DieHard?
    On openSUSE 12.1 there is gcc 4.6 installed and it says it doesn't run cause of wrong architecture.
    If I delete -march=pentium4 in Makefile then it compiles something with errors.

Please tell me your steps.

Thank you.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by hauptstrasse View Post
    Thank you, that did it. I am writing down the solution below in case anyone has the same problem.

Turns out glibc terminates the program because its buggy as shyat. Setting MALLOC_CHECK_ to zero doesn't help, this option is no longer present in 2.14

I downloaded the diehard library from DieHard, compiled it, copied it to /usr/local/lib and edited /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh to LD_PRELOAD it:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    ICAROOT=/opt/Citrix/ICAClient 
    export ICAROOT
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libdiehard.so
    export LD_PRELOAD
    $ICAROOT/wfica -log -file $1 >/tmp/icalog 2>&1
    Now it works :-)

Thank you for your help.

Try to change the value of the arch compiler switch according to i386 and x86-64 Options - Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)

Your choice depends on your system.

Hopefully this helps ...

Quote Originally Posted by zma1 View Post
    Try to change the value of the arch compiler switch according to i386 and x86-64 Options - Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)

Your choice depends on your system.

Hopefully this helps ...

Thank you for this link, but it does not help.

I changed the parameter -march to core2 .. or corei7 but nothing helps.
    It compiles with lots of errors and nothing special which says whats going on.
    At the end of the text it says: make *** [linux] Error 1

compilation worked fine for me:

Code:
    j926280@w001m0d8: ~/Downloads/diehard-1.1/src> make linux
    g++ -finline-functions -static -malign-double -pipe -march=pentium4 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -DNDEBUG  -I. -D_REENTRANT=1 -DDIEHARD_REPLICATED=0 -DDIEHARD_MULTITHREADED=1 -shared libdiehard.cpp -Bsymbolic -o libdiehard.so -ldl -lpthread
    libdiehard.cpp:19:12: warning: declaration ‘class std::bad_alloc’ does not declare anything [enabled by default]
    randomheap.h:36:25: warning: inline function ‘size_t RandomHeapBase<Numerator, Denominator>::getSize(void*) [with int Numerator = 4, int Denominator = 3, size_t = unsigned int]’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomheap.h:34:25: warning: inline function ‘void* RandomHeapBase<Numerator, Denominator>::malloc(size_t) [with int Numerator = 4, int Denominator = 3, size_t = unsigned int]’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomheap.h:35:23: warning: inline function ‘bool RandomHeapBase<Numerator, Denominator>::free(void*) [with int Numerator = 4, int Denominator = 3]’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomminiheap.h:34:23: warning: inline function ‘virtual bool RandomMiniHeapBase::free(void*)’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomminiheap.h:35:25: warning: inline function ‘virtual size_t RandomMiniHeapBase::getSize(void*)’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomminiheap.h:33:25: warning: inline function ‘virtual void* RandomMiniHeapBase::malloc(size_t)’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    g++ -static -malign-double -pipe -march=pentium4 -O3 -fno-rtti -finline-functions  -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -DNDEBUG  -I. -D_REENTRANT=1 -DDIEHARD_REPLICATED=1 -DDIEHARD_MULTITHREADED=1 -shared libdiehard.cpp -Bsymbolic -o libdiehard_r.so -ldl -lpthread
    libdiehard.cpp:19:12: warning: declaration ‘class std::bad_alloc’ does not declare anything [enabled by default]
    randomheap.h:36:25: warning: inline function ‘size_t RandomHeapBase<Numerator, Denominator>::getSize(void*) [with int Numerator = 4, int Denominator = 3, size_t = unsigned int]’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomheap.h:34:25: warning: inline function ‘void* RandomHeapBase<Numerator, Denominator>::malloc(size_t) [with int Numerator = 4, int Denominator = 3, size_t = unsigned int]’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomheap.h:35:23: warning: inline function ‘bool RandomHeapBase<Numerator, Denominator>::free(void*) [with int Numerator = 4, int Denominator = 3]’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomminiheap.h:34:23: warning: inline function ‘virtual bool RandomMiniHeapBase::free(void*)’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomminiheap.h:35:25: warning: inline function ‘virtual size_t RandomMiniHeapBase::getSize(void*)’ used but never defined [enabled by default]
    randomminiheap.h:33:25: warning: inline function ‘virtual void* RandomMiniHeapBase::malloc(size_t)’ used but never defined [enabled by default]

j926280@w001m0d8: ~/Downloads/diehard-1.1/src> ls -al libdiehard.so 
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 j926280 users 1195033 25. Nov 12:40 libdiehard.so
    Citrix Reciever v12 is running again - Thank you guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast