Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: avidemux, video conversion, opensuse 11.4, kde

Default Re: avidemux, video conversion, opensuse 11.4, kde

On 2011-11-13 06:16, lord valarian wrote:

> '[image: http://thumbnails64.imagebam.com/159...159012384.jpg]'
    > (http://www.imagebam.com/image/35e2fc159012384)
    >
    > I changed the audio bitrate to 64. Now, I get this. 'b' unable to
    > parse option value '1000kb'

ffmpeg expects a single k and finds kb and complains. The wrapper is using
    the wrong syntax - IIRC ffmpeg changed a bit and broke the wrappers. In
    fact, ffmpeg should be more lenient and accept both k and kb (and even KiB).

Oldcpu gives you the solution after all those Sunday posts :-)

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

Default avidemux, video conversion, opensuse 11.4, kde

Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2011-11-13 06:16, lord valarian wrote:

> '[image: http://thumbnails64.imagebam.com/159...159012384.jpg]'
    > (ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing)
    >
    > I changed the audio bitrate to 64. Now, I get this. 'b' unable to
    > parse option value '1000kb'

ffmpeg expects a single k and finds kb and complains. The wrapper is using
    the wrong syntax - IIRC ffmpeg changed a bit and broke the wrappers. In
    fact, ffmpeg should be more lenient and accept both k and kb (and even KiB).

Oldcpu gives you the solution after all those Sunday posts :-)

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)
    I'm bit confused. So, I have the new presets file. I edit the 'presets.xml' How do use the new file? It lists the presets, but it's not in xml format. I'v read the messages.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I say there are 'exception's as there are case where after ' -b ' that one needs a 'k' and not a 'kb' ... For example I know of cases using the mpeg4 and libx264 codec where ' k ' and not ' kb ' is appropriate.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo -n "\033]0; Converting Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 1 Of 3 - YouTube (1/3)\007"
    /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "/home/alex/Videos/black holes/Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 1 Of 3 - YouTube.mp4" -acodec libmp3lame -vcodec msmpeg4 -ab 192k -b 1000kb -s 640x480 -ar 44100 "/home/alex/Videos/black holes/avi/Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 1 Of 3 - YouTube.avi"
    echo -n "\033]0; Converting Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 2 Of 3 - YouTube (2/3)\007"
    /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "/home/alex/Videos/black holes/Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 2 Of 3 - YouTube.mp4" -acodec libmp3lame -vcodec msmpeg4 -ab 192k -b 1000kb -s 640x480 -ar 44100 "/home/alex/Videos/black holes/avi/Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 2 Of 3 - YouTube.avi"
    echo -n "\033]0; Converting Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 3 Of 3 - YouTube (3/3)\007"
    /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "/home/alex/Videos/black holes/Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 3 Of 3 - YouTube.mp4" -acodec libmp3lame -vcodec msmpeg4 -ab 192k -b 1000kb -s 640x480 -ar 44100 "/home/alex/Videos/black holes/avi/Through the Wormhole - Season 1, Episode 2 The Riddle of Black Holes Part 3 Of 3 - YouTube.avi"
    read -p "Press Enter to Continue" dumbyvar
    rm "/home/alex/.winff/ff111115155447.sh"
    This one gives an error. The -b option.

Locked out of editing my post. So, changing all '1000kb' to '1000k'. This changed the -b option. The conversion is running.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    Locked out of editing my post. So, changing all '1000kb' to '1000k'. This changed the -b option. The conversion is running.
    You may run into other hiccups requiring a change. But congratulations on getting this far.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    I'm bit confused. So, I have the new presets file. I edit the 'presets.xml' How do use the new file? It lists the presets, but it's not in xml format. I'v read the messages.
    I'm not surprised at the confusion of my many posts. I think I confused myself a bit in my initial attempts to reply ! ....

I note you have decided to stick with the original presets.xml file as opposed to download the new one. I believe you will find other ffmpeg commands will fail.

As noted above, my final recommendation was to go to WinFF - Free Video Converter and LOOK at the bottom of that page for the "Presets for Newer FFmpeg Revisions" (where I use the Presets for FFmpeg (libavcodec53)) .... Download that file. Uncompress it. [ I downloaded " presets-libavcodec53-v1.xml " because I have libavcodec53-0.8.6-1.2.x86_64 installed ] . The advantage of presets-libavcodec53-v1.xml is it already has the necessary 'kb' to 'k' conversions. Copy presets-libavcodec53-v1.xml to /home/yourusername/.winff/presets.xml (maybe backup your old presets.xml version first).

Then change the new 'presets.xml' such that it will work with the packman packaged ffmpeg as follows:
    • change all occurrences of ' -vpre ' to ' -preset '
    • change all occurrences of ' -acodec libfaac ' to ' -acodec aac -strict experimental '

save the change, and it should hopefully work better.

Default avidemux, video conversion, opensuse 11.4, kde

WinFF now works. I did the preset file changes correctly, thanks.

I'm still getting the same h264 load error in avidemux on the converted AVI file. I need to merge all three pieces together. How do I fix it? Also, I have kdenlive video editor.

This got off track into how to convert videos using WinFF. So, I'm starting this one over. So, end topic thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123