Thread: No calendars found, event cannot be added.

Hybrid View

Default No calendars found, event cannot be added.

First time poster, first time OpenSuse user; please gently remind me of anything I'm doing wrong, either here on the forum, or on my own desktop ...

OpenSuse version 11.4, from downloaded install DVD, updated using standard tools.

KDE version: 4.6.00 (4.6.0)
    Application: KDE Kontact
    Kontact Version: 4.4.10

Special Circumstances:

I was formerly using Kubuntu 10.4, but tired of lots of things not working. I still prefer KDE so I decided to give OpenSUSE a try before abandoning KDE for Gnome 3.

I installed OpenSuse on a new hard drive, but copied over my entire home directory. Possibly there's a setting problem somewhere.

But I'm getting this error when I try to call up either the Calendar or the To Do list. All prior entries gone. Can't create new ones:

No calendars found, event cannot be added.

Experience Level:

I mange hundreds of Linux servers both for our own webhost company and for other hosting companies, but even though I've been exclusively using Linux on the desktop for about six years, I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to Linux on the Desktop.

Needed help:

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? I need a calendar. I need a to-do list, but they don't have to be part of Kontact (would be nice, though we take client requests by email and it would be nice to jus drag them into the to-do list or Calendar.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Jeff

Blog Entries

Smile Re: No calendars found, event cannot be added.

First off, welcome to the openSUSE forums Jeff. I am sorry to hear of your problems. No matter what you know, there is always something left to find out and in one way or another we are all newbies.

I found a link you might want to look at. It had a section on migrating between distributions which could be helpful.

Kontact - KDE UserBase Wiki

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: No calendars found, event cannot be added.

Thanks, James. One of the points in the page to which you linked:
    Of course the simplest way is just to keep your whole home directory.
    which is what I did. Possibly the problem is .kde4 vs .kde as subdirectories; I had that problem with KAlarm.

I'll look into it and post again with the results.

Thanks.

Jeff