Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: why windows are so big?

  1. #1

    Default why windows are so big?

    suse 11.4 tumbleweed, kde 4.7.1
    why this networkmanager
    http://www.4shared.com/photo/HxFbtd2...-NMgrande.html

    and kickoff
    http://www.4shared.com/photo/MFUNaNp...osogrande.html

    windows are so big??
    have you same problems??

  2. #2

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    I used to have the same problem. It probably has something to do with stale config files or something. Creating a new user solved it and since this solution worked for me I didn't investigate further..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    On 2011-10-01 19:26, pier andreit wrote:
    > suse 11.4 tumbleweed, kde 4.7.1
    > why this networkmanager


    You should ask in the tumbleweed forum.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    How did you install KDE 4.7.1 in Tumbleweed? I am running Tumbleweed but by default there is still KDE 4.6.5 due to several problems.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    I use KDE 4.7.1 on 11.4 and I can resize both kickoff and Network manager, like any other window : using their borders. Did you try this ?

  6. #6

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2f4u View Post
    How did you install KDE 4.7.1 in Tumbleweed? I am running Tumbleweed but by default there is still KDE 4.6.5 due to several problems.
    using R47 repo

  7. #7

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moviuro View Post
    I use KDE 4.7.1 on 11.4 and I can resize both kickoff and Network manager, like any other window : using their borders. Did you try this ?
    wow, I only tryed to move with <alt+drag and drop> I didn't try to resize:-)) it works well, when I start to resize the windows goes automatically in its place :-))

  8. #8

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    wow, I only tryed to move with <alt+drag and drop> I didn't try to resize:-)) it works well, when I start to resize the windows goes automatically in its place :-))
    but when I resize a window, all the windows, kickoff networkmanager and others, become of the resized one dimension :-(

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    make sure in YaST package manager you have got all plasmoids up to date (ver 4.7.1), allow vendor change, take a look at these packages :
    • plasma-* (* for anything else I think it's plasma-addons, plasma-addon-<name of addon>)
    • kdebase* (kdebase4 is deprecated, no need anymore)
    • kopete, konversation, okular, kile, kate, kwrite... (if you use them)

    Then log out, log in (make sure you choose KDE Plasma Workspace in the menu).
    Retry.
    Let's hope it works

  10. #10

    Default Re: why windows are so big?

    I have plasma-addons 4.7.1-6.1 and downgraded to 4.7.1-3.1
    and eliminated kdebase4 4.7.1-2.3
    let's see what will happen:-))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •