LibreOffice Toolbar Text blacked out - Appearance Theme mismatch?

I have searched about and can’t seem to find a resolution this this “cosmetic” issue.

I have 11.4/KDE4.7.1 installed and up to date.
I have tried LO 3.3.1, 3.3.2 and now have 3.4.2 loaded (from
Index of /repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_11.4)
I have ATI graphics running fglrx driver.
I have desktop effects enabled and the Widget Style is Oxygen
Java is the Sun version

LO (all 3 versions) seems to work OK (I am not doing anything exotic), but have the following issue:
When I point to a toolbar icon, for example the “Bold” symbol (to make highlighted text bold), the pop-up descriptive text block is all black (or very dark). Same for all toolbar icons. Clicking the icons works properly (e.g. the highlighted text goes bold).

This “feels” like theme mismatch of some sort, but I have played around a bit with no resolution.

Any ideas or solutions?

I’m seeing the same in a KDE4.7.0 LO 3.4 oS 11.4 64bit. Curiously, another very similar system shows normal tooltips, i.e., black text with light blue background. Both machines use the same theme and color scheme AFAIR.

I noticed that the light blue color does not appear in LO’s options>appearance>colors, but is controlled by the “tooltip background” selection in system settings>appearance>colors. I’ll try in the other machine tomorrow.

Thanks for the comment -

I find that
Personal Settings(System Settings)-Application Appearance-Colors-Current-Colors(tab)-Tooltip Background does indeed affect LO,
BUT
Personal Settings(System Settings)-Application Appearance-Colors-Current-Colors(tab)-Tooltip Text does not; text seems stuck on Black.

So, I have black text on black background, which only cats can see, I believe.

For the moment, I changed background to gray and can see the tooltip.

In the “black” machine changing the background color setting to very light blue/gray works like i the “standard” machine, tooltips are readable again.

The text color is probably governed by another setting, if you really, really must have non-black tooltip text, you’ll have to experiment with them. Good luck.

Some years ago, IIRC the KDE 4.3 series, I saw this too. I remember also that I found out which KDE font color setting it was, but I forgot because it had undesired side effects in other apps. If I just could remember where it showed …BTW, I did this by trial and error :slight_smile:

brunomcl wrote:

>
> In the “black” machine changing the background color setting to very
> light blue/gray works like i the “standard” machine, tooltips are
> readable again.
>
> The text color is probably governed by another setting, if you really,
> really must have non-black tooltip text, you’ll have to experiment
> with them. Good luck.
>
>
I had reported this as openSUSE bug yesterday
(https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=720242). since Vanilla
LibreOffice did not have this condition. I followed suggestion in this
thread and changes System Settings → Application Appearance → Colors →
colors → Tooltop Background which had defaulted to black. seems to be
fixed and so far I find not problem with other applications (Find,
SeaMonkey, Konqueror, etc)

If it is supposed to be working with black background then the tooltip color
is wrong.

Russ
openSUSE 11.4(2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop)|KDE Platform Version 4.7.1 (4.7.1)
“release 8”|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce 8400GS (NVIDIA-Linux-
x86_64-280.13)