Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

  1. #1

    Default dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    using opensuse 11.4 kde 4.7.1 dolphin 1.7
    if I use dolphin to connect to my server using sftp it doesn't connect:
    if in a terminal I do ssh user@mysite.noip.org it ask me password and is ok
    if in a terminal I do sftp user@mysite.noip.org it ask me password and is ok
    if in dolphin I use fish://mysite.noip.org/ dolphin ask me user and password and is ok
    if in dolphin I use sftp://mysite.noip.org/ dolphin ask me user and password and it say the user or password are wrong

    after this I suppose that server is ok,
    and I suppose the problem is something related to dolphin and konqueror,
    in the past sftp in dolphin worked very well, what have I to check?

  2. #2
    arkascha NNTP User

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    Hi,

    pier andreit wrote:
    > using opensuse 11.4 kde 4.7.1 dolphin 1.7
    > if I use dolphin to connect to my server using sftp it doesn't
    > connect:
    > if in a terminal I do ssh user@mysite.noip.org it ask me password and
    > is ok
    > if in a terminal I do sftp user@mysite.noip.org it ask me password and
    > is ok
    > if in dolphin I use fish://mysite.noip.org/ dolphin ask me user and
    > password and is ok
    > if in dolphin I use sftp://mysite.noip.org/ dolphin ask me user and
    > password and it say the user or password are wrong
    >
    > after this I suppose that server is ok,
    > and I suppose the problem is something related to dolphin and
    > konqueror,
    > in the past sftp in dolphin worked very well, what have I to check?


    I have the sftp slave in daily use.
    It is currently working, just checked, I am using
    kde-4.7.1@opensuse-11.4@x86_64.

    I suggest you check your server logs, maybe you get a hint.

    arkascha

  3. #3

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    there ought to be something wrong in the treatment of password in dolphin and konqueror, the password is ok but it results wrong to dolphin.
    if in dolphin I do sftp userassword@mysite.noip.org it works ok (I dont know how to not show : p without space it shows )
    but if I do sftp user@mysite.noip.org dolphin ask me the password, I insert it and it result wrong
    of course I checked the password many times, also writing in a text and copy in the field:-))

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,846
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    Maybe this helps you http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/english/get-technical-help-here/pre-release-beta/454009-11-4-rc1-konqueror-fish-sftp-protocols-fail-connect.html

    M
    y question is: how did you upgrade to 4.7.1?
    No issues here with sftp or fish or any supported protocol. This on openSUSE Tumbleweed with latest KDE packages from the Release:47 repo.

    Could you in Yast, in the repo view mode, play around with the colums sorting and check whether there's "red packages" in de KDE 47 repo?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    it seems not, but I'm remembering something about a bug on dolphin and password...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    My question is: how did you upgrade to 4.7.1?
    No issues here with sftp or fish or any supported protocol. This on openSUSE Tumbleweed with latest KDE packages from the Release:47 repo.
    Here the same, tumbleweed and release 47. I upgraded enabling oss, non-oss, tumbleweed, packman tumbleweed, kde r47 repos, right click>all in this list>update if an update exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Could you in Yast, in the repo view mode, play around with the colums sorting and check whether there's "red packages" in de KDE 47 repo?
    , yes there are a lot of red packages, starting from aqbanking 5.0.14-4.13>5.0.14-2.4

  6. #6

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    now I installed 12.1, no red packages, but the problem persist.
    if in dolphin I do sftp userassword@mysite.noip.org it works ok (I dont know how to not show : p without space it shows
    but if I do sftp user@mysite.noip.org dolphin ask me the password, I insert it and it result wrong
    Is there a way to reset dolphin passwords???

  7. #7

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    Any update on this issue yet?

    I'm using openSUSE 12.3 with KDE 4.10.5 have this issue. I have this issue for years as I can remember with every openSUSE.
    I did use fish for an replacement, but I fear that fish is not as fast when it comes to transfering files as sftp.

    The facts

    • I can SSH (from console) in the remote machine without any problem
    • I can also SCP from the console
    • I can use FISH in Dolphin to connect to the remote machine
    • I cannot use SFTP in Dolphin. When I try to create a network drive, select sftp, enter all infos, click on "Save & Connect" I immediately get an message like "Connection to server could not be established...."


    I removed the known_hosts file... no difference.

    I tried to connect to many different machines using Dolphin, it fails every time with SFTP.

    SFTP Subsystem is enabled on all remote machines.

    Any help?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,846
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    Quote Originally Posted by BjoernJ View Post
    Any update on this issue yet?

    I'm using openSUSE 12.3 with KDE 4.10.5 have this issue. I have this issue for years as I can remember with every openSUSE.
    I did use fish for an replacement, but I fear that fish is not as fast when it comes to transfering files as sftp.

    The facts

    • I can SSH (from console) in the remote machine without any problem
    • I can also SCP from the console
    • I can use FISH in Dolphin to connect to the remote machine
    • I cannot use SFTP in Dolphin. When I try to create a network drive, select sftp, enter all infos, click on "Save & Connect" I immediately get an message like "Connection to server could not be established...."


    I removed the known_hosts file... no difference.

    I tried to connect to many different machines using Dolphin, it fails every time with SFTP.

    SFTP Subsystem is enabled on all remote machines.

    Any help?
    Hi, please open a new thread. This one's from 2011, your versions are much more recent.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  9. #9

    Default Re: dolphin and konqueror problem with sftp

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Hi, please open a new thread. This one's from 2011, your versions are much more recent.
    Hi. For reference, I opened a new thread here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •