Thread: C# IDE for openSUSE ?

Default C# IDE for openSUSE ?

Hi so I have been using openSUSE of and on . Im not at a point where I can use Linux for many of my Classes , I just need to find a viable C# IDE for linux that is an alternative to Visual Studio. For Expression Web I found Aptana Studio IMO is better and an equal to wordpress.

If anyone knows of a Good C# IDE thats supports .Net languages for openSUSE/linux that would be helpful

Thanks!

Default Re: C# IDE for openSUSE ?

techlawsam wrote:

>
    > Hi so I have been using openSUSE of and on . Im not at a point where I
    > can use Linux for many of my Classes , I just need to find a viable C#
    > IDE for linux that is an alternative to Visual Studio. For Expression
    > Web I found Aptana Studio IMO is better and an equal to wordpress.
    >
    > If anyone knows of a Good C# IDE thats supports .Net languages for
    > openSUSE/linux that would be helpful
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

Did you have a look at monodevelop, I think it is worth a try?

--
    PC: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Core i7-2600@3.40GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | GeForce GT 420
    | 16GB Ram
    Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.5 | nVidia
    ION | 3GB Ram

thanks will check it out!

MonoDevelop
    Virtual machine, for example http://www.virtualbox.org/
    Mono Tools for Visual Studio to that stack - Xamarin - Build cross-platform iOS, Android, Mac and Windows apps with C# and .NET
    C# Tutorial , C# Help , C# Source Code c# tutorial

kerry

Quote Originally Posted by techlawsam View Post
    Hi so I have been using openSUSE of and on . Im not at a point where I can use Linux for many of my Classes , I just need to find a viable C# IDE for linux that is an alternative to Visual Studio. For Expression Web I found Aptana Studio IMO is better and an equal to wordpress.

If anyone knows of a Good C# IDE thats supports .Net languages for openSUSE/linux that would be helpful

Thanks!

C# is a MS language in Linux there is a package called mono that gives .net functionality. There is an IDE called MonoDevelop that may do what you want. Not sure where to get an openSUSE package. I think it is supported in Ubuntu but you will have to dig for it with openSUSE. Mono is a four letter word here even though Novell did a lot of the development for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    C# is a MS language in Linux there is a package called mono that gives .net functionality. There is an IDE called MonoDevelop that may do what you want. Not sure where to get an openSUSE package. I think it is supported in Ubuntu but you will have to dig for it with openSUSE. Mono is a four letter word here even though Novell did a lot of the development for it.
    Mono develop IDE is on the install DVD or you can just download it from yast openSUSE repositories, also http://monodevelop.com/