Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: KDE 4.7.1 Update Issues

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE 4.7.1 Update Issues

Quote Originally Posted by jtl View Post
    Excuse me if my post is based on lack of knowledge but please help me understand if that is the case...

Isn't the idea of a release repo compared to a factory that it should be "complete" unless it's incompleteness is due to replication? The 47 release repo have been sporadic updated with 471 packages since 471 was released. When should one know that the repository is complete?
    If I try to do an upgrade and don't get a warning about dependencies I would think it is complete and ok to run an update unless things are obviously wrong.

Best regards,
    Tobias
    The Release are there by courtesy of a few who are prepared to maintain them, in order that others can benefit and take advantage of kde upgrades during the life of a particular openSUSE release. There will be times when it is not complete, such as has been the case recently. The only way to keep in tune with the maintainers is by subscribing to the mailing list at: opensuse-kde<at>opensuse.org
    And keep an eye on the forum.

I can tell you users are still reporting problems, even though İsmail Dönmez confirmed the build done.
    Hence I have not run the update myself.

If you want complete, really stable, fool proof kde. Just stick with the release. But even then, you understand that bugs may need to be patched in via updates.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Looks like the repository has mostly updated now with over 250 packages marked as 4.7.1. It must be Tuesday
    I'm confused...No, wait...Maybe I'm not...

Updated to 4.7.1 using KDE 47 rep. Also updated kdepim from version 4.6.* to 4.7.1.

Everything went fine except that on first login I got a popup saying that migration of kmail ressources failed. When I try to run from a shell I get this:

thomas@machine:~> kmail-migrator --interactive
    kmail-migrator(6888) main: Migration of kmailrc has already run, not running it again

What can I do to make the migration work??

I can run Kmail but all my old mails and settings are gone.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by whomas View Post
    Updated to 4.7.1 using KDE 47 rep. Also updated kdepim from version 4.6.* to 4.7.1.

Everything went fine except that on first login I got a popup saying that migration of kmail ressources failed. When I try to run from a shell I get this:

thomas@machine:~> kmail-migrator --interactive
    kmail-migrator(6888) main: Migration of kmailrc has already run, not running it again

What can I do to make the migration work??

I can run Kmail but all my old mails and settings are gone.

Thomas
    Before the upgrade you have been working with migrated KMail folders? If so I better wait for a bug confirmation or something before an upgrade.
    HP pavilion dv6-6185la - Intel i7 - AMD Radeon 6770M - openSUSE 12.2 - KDE 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by faco84 View Post
    Before the upgrade you have been working with migrated KMail folders? If so I better wait for a bug confirmation or something before an upgrade.
    No I just upgraded from plain kmail 4.6 version.

After my post here I managed to "manually" import my emails to the new kmail using the import tool in kmail.

btw.: installed 4.7.1 and the windows manager disppeared. i had all windows stuck in the top left, unmovable, and some apps (firefox) wouldn t accept keyboard entries.

the solution was to turn desktop effects ON and do a kwin --replace in a terminal.

this was 20 minutes ago: so far so good.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011