Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mtpfs

Default mtpfs

need to install mtpfs, can you please help me with that.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Smile Re: mtpfs

You did not give many details with your request. I found one description that said: FUSE Filesystem providing access to MTP devices. I have never heard of it, but perhaps you should provide more information on what you are trying to do.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: mtpfs

mtpfs isn't part of opensuse but you can download, compile and install. It's a util that will mount mtp
    devices to the file system. Most mtp devices that don't support mass storage will need mtpfs to
    mount the device. Then files can be copied directly to it without using another program to
    move media to it. Sometimes udev rules get in the way and the rules files need to be changed.

mtpfs isn't part of opensuse but you can download, compile and install. It's a util that will mount mtp
    devices to the file system. Most mtp devices that don't support mass storage will need mtpfs to
    mount the device. Then files can be copied directly to it without using another program to
    move media to it. Sometimes udev rules get in the way and the rules files need to be changed.

Blog Entries

Is 'mtp-tools' what you're after?

software.opensuse.org: Search Results

I am trying to connect android to opensuse and transfer data via cable...

so i believe i need mtpfs to mount device to do that...

AFAIK, the mtpfs isn't included in mtp-tools. I had to download, compile and install this to connect to
    my moto xoom. The xoom doesn't have the mass storage mode which makes the android device look
    like a usb drive. The downside is that when plugged in opensuse thinks it's a portable media device
    and prevents mtpfs from mounting it. I'm still trying to find the rule that is intercepting the device.
    I think that mtpfs will require mtp-tools to works.

I just checked, mtpfs isn't included with any opensuse packages (it should be).

Check for libmtp.

Media Device:MTP - Amarok Wiki

I spent a few weeks researching this, all of the mtp packages in opensuse are geared towards using
    a media program to connect to a mtp only device. This is ok for for some but simply coping a file
    from the computer to the device isn't doable without being able to mount the device to the file system.
    The mtpfs utility is a simple one binary loaded into /usr/local/bin which will mount a mtp device to the
    filesystem "mtpfs -o allow_other /mnt".
    mtpfs should be added to one of the fuse packages but isn't.

I have all packman repo amd there is no mtpfs, life would be easier with mtpfs included, I downloaded some package from internet but it was corruped and will have to browse for i again later on,

@chief_sealth
    does it include mtpfs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast