software management failing with _get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found

Hi
I just reinstalled opensuse 11.4 on a lenovo ideapad. The install went well and afterwards I was installing other packages. In the midst of this I started getting a error both from the gui software management package and zypper.(I tried zypper to see what would happen). I thought at first a simple refresh of the repos or a reboot would probably solve this but it did not.
All attempts to do any software manage failsnow.
The basic error is ( tail of a long list from zypper)
error: error(-30987) getting “” records from Requireversion index
error: db3 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30987) getting “” records from Requireversion index
error: db3 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30987) getting “” records from Provideversion index
from a zypper update and something about the same from the gui.
How can I solve this? Thanks

Please try the following, it take a minute or so

sudo rpmdb --rebuilddb

Thanks that did it. Post your picture so I can bow down and praise it every day :slight_smile:

Just wondering what causes this to happen? Is there links about this that you know about. I

The install went well and afterwards I was installing other packages. In the midst of this I started getting a error both from the gui software management package and zypper.(I tried zypper to see what would happen).

This can happen if an install is interrupted mid-way. I can’t explain all the possible scenarios easily, but I’m glad such tools exist for recovery. These links may increase your understanding.

HowTo recover from a corrupt rpm database | Linux Sysadmin Blog

Repair an RPM database safely

We aim to please.
But don’t expect worship.