Thread: Kmail linking to firefox

Default Kmail linking to firefox

I' m sure there's a simple solution to this.

I'm using Opensuse11.4 and have kmail and Firefox. When I click a url: link in kmail it opens a new tab in Firefox. The problem is that the url is linked to my temp cache files as this

file:///var/tmp/kdecache-terry/krun/1589.0.ctt

The tab this opens has most of the link icons stripped out and the links to other parts of the website don't work and I get a "file not found" error and the link is to a file which doesn't exist

file:///contribute.php3

This is only a minor annoyance as I can right click > copy the url and paste it to the address bar in Firefox then it works ok. I don't think it anything in either programme that's broken because this happened after an update to Opensuse 11.4 on my previous laptop and has happened again on my new laptop with a fresh install.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Kmail linking to firefox

I do not see this annoyance when I change my default browser to Firefox. (System Settings > Default Applications)
    But this installation is non-standard.

Do you have "mozilla-kde4-integration" installed?

openSuSE-11.4
    kernel-desktop-3.03
    Kmail/Korg/Kontact/Kdepim4 &c. from KDE-4.6.5
    KDE-4.7.0
    MozillaFirefox-3.6.20

Default Re: Kmail linking to firefox

Hello eng-int thanks for the reply. your mentioning System Settings > Default Applications gave me the clue. some time ago I dumped the original Opensuse version of Firefox and installed a downloaded Firefox 6 I think one interfered with the other in this case.

I changed the Default app from "firefox" to "open in application based on content of URL" which opened it correctly in konqueror. I then changed back to "in the following browser" and changed "firefox" to the full path to /home/terry/.mozilla/firefox/firefox this seems to have worked.

Thanks again.