Thread: Firefox 6.0 installation doubts

Default Firefox 6.0 installation doubts

When installing/upgrading software from Yast, is there a way to check again the installation logs/notes Yast shows while downloading and installing the components?

Because when I was upgrading to Firefox 6.0, when it was installing MozillaFirefox itself it marked several warnings and errors and I don't remember where. The other dependencies didn't report errors. Is it normal for Firefox 6.0 to show errors during installation on openSUSE 11.3 x64? Even though Firefox 6.0 seems to work well until now...

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Firefox 6.0 installation doubts

Don't worry about it
    You can look here:
    /var/log/zypp/history

Mine shows
    Code:
    # 2011-08-16 06:20:29 MozillaFirefox-6.0-2.1.x86_64.rpm installed ok
    # Additional rpm output:
    # Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
    # Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
    # Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
    # Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
    # Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
    # Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
    # Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
    # Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
    # Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Mine:

# 2011-08-23 21:22:03 MozillaFirefox-6.0-2.1.x86_64.rpm installed ok
    # Additional rpm output:
    # Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/bluedevil-input.desktop": "virtual/bluedevil-input" is an invalid MIME type ("virtual" is an unregistered media type)
    # Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/bluedevil-audio.desktop": "virtual/bluedevil-audio" is an invalid MIME type ("virtual" is an unregistered media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/kmailservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/mailto" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/bluedevil-sendfile.desktop": "virtual/bluedevil-sendfile" is an invalid MIME type ("virtual" is an unregistered media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktelnetservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/telnet" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktelnetservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/rlogin" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktelnetservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/ssh" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/MozillaFirefox.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/http" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/MozillaFirefox.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/https" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/MozillaFirefox.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/ftp" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/bluedevil-input.desktop": "virtual/bluedevil-input" is an invalid MIME type ("virtual" is an unregistered media type)
    # Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/bluedevil-audio.desktop": "virtual/bluedevil-audio" is an invalid MIME type ("virtual" is an unregistered media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/kmailservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/mailto" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/bluedevil-sendfile.desktop": "virtual/bluedevil-sendfile" is an invalid MIME type ("virtual" is an unregistered media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktelnetservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/telnet" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktelnetservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/rlogin" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktelnetservice.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/ssh" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/MozillaFirefox.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/http" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/MozillaFirefox.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/https" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    # Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/MozillaFirefox.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-scheme-handler/ftp" is discouraged (the use of "x-scheme-handler" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
    #

This is what I was talking about.

Blog Entries

I still wouldn't worry.

Nothing has changed in the way my Firefox handles different media type URLs
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I also get the bluedevil errors in every installation with Yast, yet I have no issues - but I don't use bluetooth devices anyway (*if* bluedevil is related to that). Also IME the mime type errors are inconsequential, whatever associations you really need can be set/fixed in system settings.