Thread: Problems with printing in Firefox and GIMP

Default Problems with printing in Firefox and GIMP

Hi, everybody,
    I am having trouble printing both in Firefox 3.6.13 and Gimp 2.6.2. When I select File > Print in the menu,
    the print window appears. But the inside of the print window is almost empty, i.e. it does not show the list of printers
    available. When I try to close it, I get the message: 'The window with title "Print" is unresponsive.
    Do you wish to terminate this application?'.
    After I click 'yes', in Gimp, I get the following error message: Plug-in crashed: "print" (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/print).
    But the main Gimp window does not disappear. In Firefox, after I click yes, program crashes altogether.
    I use OpenSuse 11.1, Linux kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-mp, my architecture is x86_64.
    It's curious that I can still print using Konqueror, KEdit, or using lpr from the command line.
    Is it the problem with something beyond the applications themselves (Firefox and Gimp)?
    I would appreciate any advice.
    Best regards,
    Alex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problems with printing in Firefox and GIMP

I use OpenSuse 11.1, Linux kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-mp, my architecture is x86_64.
    You are strongly advised to upgrade to the currently supported versions (11.4 would be recommended).

(This is probably due to some printing library (eg libgimpprint) rather than the apps themselves, but it's only a guess).