Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

  1. #1

    Default openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Hello,

    I am sorry if I missed this information somewhere else but could someone tell me if there are any plans to do a 11.4 "reloaded" installable live CD? I remember seeing these in the past for some major KDE releases.

    If there are no plans for a 11.4 CD with KDE 4.7 then I have a couple questions, would it be best to install the regular 11.4 with KDE and zypper dup to the KR47 repo, or would I be better served doing a minimal install (no KDE) then add the KR47 repo and install the KDE desktop?

    Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    I just tested a 11.4 install from the DVD, updated.
    Then added R47
    Switched to it. Works perfectly.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Thanks, was your install from the DVD a minimal install or did you update from the DVD supplied KDE?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Just select kde : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/11....top_Option.jpg
    add additional software: base-development, kernel-source: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/11....evel_added.jpg
    All from the DVD installer
    When install complete, did a full update
    Added R47 and did the equivalent of this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Swi...e46_switch.png
    That's an older version switch pic, but same principle.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  5. #5

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Just select kde : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/11....top_Option.jpg
    add additional software: base-development, kernel-source: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/11....evel_added.jpg
    All from the DVD installer
    When install complete, did a full update
    Added R47 and did the equivalent of this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Swi...e46_switch.png
    That's an older version switch pic, but same principle.
    Thanks. Good to know the upgrade is smooth. I was curious if anyone had just installed KDE 4.7 without installing KDE 4.6 first. Maybe if I get some time I will try a minimal X install, add the KDE47 repo, then do a zypper pattern to install KDE 4.7.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdinon View Post
    Thanks. Good to know the upgrade is smooth. I was curious if anyone had just installed KDE 4.7 without installing KDE 4.6 first. Maybe if I get some time I will try a minimal X install, add the KDE47 repo, then do a zypper pattern to install KDE 4.7.
    I see.
    IIRC there is a error involved with trying the pattern. Let me check it.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I see.
    IIRC there is a error involved with trying the pattern. Let me check it.
    Yes here
    SUSE Paste
    So mine is unchecked, I just switched using the repo view as described earlier.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  8. #8

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Thanks for the heads up, sounds like an upgrade from an installed KDE desktop is the way to go at this point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdinon View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, sounds like an upgrade from an installed KDE desktop is the way to go at this point.
    I did a R47 image
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Swi...e47_switch.png
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  10. #10

    Default Re: openSUSE KDE 4.7 Reloaded CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I just tested a 11.4 install from the DVD, updated.
    Then added R47
    Switched to it. Works perfectly.
    Hello caf4926,

    How do I add R47? Please refer to my latest post "KDE 4.7 is out" in Pre-Release/Beta sub-forum.

    Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •