Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

  1. #1

    Default KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    When clicking on any hyperlink in Kontact, I get the following error:

    Could not launch the browser:

    KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:
    Could not find 'MozillaFirefox' executable.

    KDE is 4.6.0 "release 6"
    Kontact is 4.4.10
    Firefox is 5.0
    Running OpenSuSE 11.4

    Standard install, nothing fancy, just like to use Kontact. Tried checking External and default browser - NADA.

    Pointers to the "executable" much appreciated!

  2. #2

    Default Re: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    Hello Harleyb,

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyb
    When clicking on any hyperlink in Kontact, I get the following error:

    Could not launch the browser:

    KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:
    Could not find 'MozillaFirefox' executable.

    KDE is 4.6.0 "release 6"
    Kontact is 4.4.10
    Firefox is 5.0
    Running OpenSuSE 11.4

    Standard install, nothing fancy, just like to use Kontact. Tried checking External and default browser - NADA.

    Pointers to the "executable" much appreciated!
    Try setting the executable in System Settings->Default Applications->Web Browser.
    Make sure "in the following browser:" is checked and enter firefox in the input field.

    Good luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"

  3. #3

    Default Re: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    Sorry to be dense, but what "System Settings->Default Applications->Web Browser", where? I can't find any of this in Kontact.

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    Hello Harleyb,

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyb
    Sorry to be dense, but what "System Settings->Default Applications->Web Browser", where? I can't find any of this in Kontact.
    System Settings is a different application, by default it's in your favourites in the application launcher (left-bottom corner).
    If it's not you can find it using the search bar at the top of the launcher.

    Good luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,481
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyb View Post
    KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:
    Could not find 'MozillaFirefox' executable.
    This is a completely wild guess.

    In my Desktop folder ("$HOME/Desktop") there is a file with name "MozillaFirefox.desktop". It is the only thing I am aware of that uses the name "MozillaFirefox". Perhaps Kontact uses that to launch a browser. You might check whether you have that file, and if you have it, whether clicking on it launches firefox.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    Yeah, if you click on it, it starts Firefox, but putting it into Kontact doesn't produce the desired result.

    Rats.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colchester, England
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: KDEInit could not launch 'MozillaFirefox'.:

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward_Iii View Post
    Hello Harleyb,


    Try setting the executable in System Settings->Default Applications->Web Browser.
    Make sure "in the following browser:" is checked and enter firefox in the input field.

    Good luck!
    Hey,

    Worked for me. thanks.

    Steve

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •