Thread: Unable to Maximize Firefox, Thunderbird and Konsole Windows - Window Titlebar Maximize Buttons Gone

Default Unable to Maximize Firefox, Thunderbird and Konsole Windows - Window Titlebar Maximize Buttons Gone

Hello,

I just switched to OpenSUSE/KDE4 from Ubuntu/Gnome2. Overall, I am very pleased. However, I have an issue that I have been unable to resolve. That is, Firefox, Thunderbird and Konsole Terminal do not have maximize buttons in their titlebars and there is not any other way to maximize these windows. Also, if I right click on the task manager tab for those applications then the "Maximize" menu item in the context menu is grayed out so it is inaccessible too. The bottom line is that there is no way to maximize these windows. All other applications, such as Dolphin, Chromium, Konqurer, LibreOffice, etc. have maximize buttons and a "maximize" menu item in their task manager context menus. Then, why don't Firefox, Thunderbird and Konsole also have maximize buttons? I am using the Oxygen theme and have configured the buttons on the Oxygen theme to include the Maximize button.

Many thanks in advance for assistance in resolving this.

Gordon

Default Re: Unable to Maximize Firefox, Thunderbird and Konsole Windows - Window Titlebar Maximize Buttons G

Oops. I figured out my problem! That is, I was forcing the windows size using:

Title Bar Context Menu > Advanced > Special Windows Settings > Geometry > Size > Force > [value]

Apparently, this prevents changing the windows size and, hence, disables the maximizing of windows.

In any event, this is now solved.

Gordon