Thread: suse 11.4 Konqueror user account bug new account no bug

Default suse 11.4 Konqueror user account bug new account no bug

Hi
    I have a problem with the Google search box top right corner in Konqueror, when entering search I recieve an error page "Unsupported Protocol" Google asks for ioslave or kioslave. Also when highlighting text on a page and right clicking with the mouse no search option is given. I created a new user and all works as it should for the new user. What is wrong with my user account? I have reset default values in Konqueror setup.

Blog Entries

Default Re: suse 11.4 Konqueror user account bug new account no bug

Your answer may lie with konqueror's config files located in ~/.kde4/share/config/ directory (for the user concerned). You could compare the two users accounts for any differences here. Try removing ~/.kde4/share/config/konquerorrc (and maybe the konq_history file) to start with and see if that makes a difference.

Hi

Thanks for that, I'm sure the problem is with the user account configuration somewhere. Regrettably life is too short. I came up with two solutions. The first was to migrate all my files to the new account and then delete the old one and rename the new one. I think this would work but was afraid I might carry over the same problem. So I backed up my files, formatted the home partition and restored the backup. Viola, all is well. So thank-you again for your help, I know it's not the most elegant of solutions but it worked and is final.

Cheers
    Luke

Blog Entries

I've used that approach once before, many years ago with KDE3 IIRC. It is like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut, but it works. Well done.