Add program launcher directly from the menu to KDE desktop

Hi

I have opensuse 11.4 with KDE.
Howto add a program launcher directly from the menu to the KDE desktop, but not as a widget?

Hi

I have opensuse 11.4 with KDE.
Howto add a program launcher directly from the menu to the KDE desktop, but not as a widget?

What other choice is there upiter? I mean you can have icons that start just one application and even a folder of icons that can start multiple programs, but if it is reading your existing application menu, if would need to be some kind of widget I would think and anyway, you always have the main one. So, I am not sure I really understand just what you are wanting to do here or why the existing choices will not work for you.

Thank You,

Exactly there is no other choice.
I do not like these widgets, Gnome is my favorite desktop environment and for me the old KDE 3.X was much better and quicker.
KDE 4 is not a palatable option for people running older hardware like me.
The problem is, we need new KDE for some test machines.
Anyway pls do not understand me wrong, I do not would like not to start environment war.

Exactly there is no other choice.
I do not like these widgets, Gnome is my favorite desktop environment and for me the old KDE 3.X was much better and quicker.
KDE 4 is not a palatable option for people running older hardware like me.
The problem is, we need new KDE for some test machines.
Anyway pls do not understand me wrong, I do not would like not to start environment war.

Its OK upiter to ask any question that you like. I was just wanting to understand the question, that’s all. To be frank, I am old school as well, but my solution is dedicated icons on the Desktop for the apps I use all of the time and so I don’t really use the main menu all that much. It works for me, but perhaps you need a different solution and I do wish you luck in your search.

Thank You,