Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackened Spaces in Microsoft Office 2007

Default Blackened Spaces in Microsoft Office 2007

this is my problem. image is also present in the below link:

Black or Corrupt UI Artifacts Under Wine - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange

i am running Opensuse Tumbleweed and my graphics is Intel. if it is a graphics driver problem, what can i do to correct this issue?

Default Re: Blackened Spaces in Microsoft Office 2007

1) it would have been nice if you had mentioned Wine in your title, normaly nobody here is very interested in MS Office
    2) there is a special Tumbleweed part of these Forums. Why didn't you post there?
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by smithark View Post
    this is my problem. image is also present in the below link:

Black or Corrupt UI Artifacts Under Wine - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange

i am running Opensuse Tumbleweed and my graphics is Intel. if it is a graphics driver problem, what can i do to correct this issue?
    It is a graphics driver problem. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28798
    It's fixed in version 2.16.0 of the Intel driver.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    1) it would have been nice if you had mentioned Wine in your title, normaly nobody here is very interested in MS Office
    It made me curious enough to look. Why would someone with MS Office problems post in these forums?

2) there is a special Tumbleweed part of these Forums. Why didn't you post there?
    1) i am sorry, but it was already mentioned in the link i had posted.
    2) i thought 'Applications' was a better choice. sorry again.

@ chief_sealth,
    i'm not a fan of Microsoft Office, but i have to use 'Excel' for my work.

@ dimesio
    thanks for the solution. i'll give it a try.

1) i am sorry, but it was already mentioned in the link i had posted.
    It is sorry to yourself . It wasn't in the title, a good title draws the good people to your thread. In your case it should draw the attention of Wine people, not of the non-existing MS Office people. All in your favour.
    2) i thought 'Applications' was a better choice. sorry again.
    Because Tumbleweed is something very different from the "official" openSUSE we try to have that at a special forum. To make things less difficult to those (new) openSUSE users, who probably do not even know what Tumbleweed is. It is the same as we try to have beta released version questions separate.
    Henk van Velden

It is sorry to yourself . In your case it should draw the attention of Wine people, not of the non-existing MS Office people.
    I am a "Wine person" and I just assumed it was under Wine.

@ dimesio,
    tried to find my graphics driver version and i'm a bit confused. i'm posting my system info snapshots:

OpenGL Information: SUSE Paste

X- Server Information: SUSE Paste

can you help me out? which one should be updated to "2.16.0" and how to do so? as i mentioned before, i'm using Tumbleweed

thanks a lot for your help

Quote Originally Posted by smithark View Post
    can you help me out? which one should be updated to "2.16.0" and how to do so? as i mentioned before, i'm using Tumbleweed
    I found a package for the 2.16 driver for openSUSE 11.4 on the OBS. I don't know if you can use it on Tumbleweed; ask on the Tumbleweed forum. (If it messes up your system, that's not something I have the skill to help you fix.)

BTW, your other option to upgrading is to downgrade to a driver older than 2.11, which is when the regression was introduced.

thanks a lot dimesio. i think its time i moved to Tumbleweed section as 'hcvv' had suggested. i will post a reply here if i get a solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast