Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KDE 4.6 on 11.3

Default Re: KDE 4.6 on 11.3

1. So I use PIM46 just to solve R46 conflicts and then remove it?
    2. I tried adding again repo Index of /repositories/KDE:/Distro:/Stable/openSUSE_11.3, and applying switch. Result: no conflicts. What's the difference then between R46 and Stable46? Should I still use R46?

I'm sure I'm starting to become a bit annoying, but I'm badly used to learn without screwing up...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F_style View Post
    1. So I use PIM46 just to solve R46 conflicts and then remove it?
    2. I tried adding again repo Index of /repositories/KDE:/Distro:/Stable/openSUSE_11.3, and applying switch. Result: no conflicts. What's the difference then between R46 and Stable46? Should I still use R46?

I'm sure I'm starting to become a bit annoying, but I'm badly used to learn without screwing up...
    No don't use PIM
    Distro stable is 4.6.0
    R46 is 4.6.5

Just use the R46 repo
    Look back at the previous post about the conflicts and working thru it
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

That's why I asked, I removed PIM46 repo, applied switch to R46 and now solutions 1 and 3 are gone, leaving me only with options "deinstallation" and "break by ignoring dependencies". So, can I just leave PIM46 to solve the conflicts in R46 and then remove PIM46?

Blog Entries

That's why I asked, I removed PIM46 repo, applied switch to R46 and now solutions 1 and 3 are gone, leaving me only with options "deinstallation" and "break by ignoring dependencies". So, can I just leave PIM46 to solve the conflicts in R46 and then remove PIM46?
    Forget the PIM repo
    Apply the switch on R46

You said you managed to clear some of the errors, so show me what you have left to solve
    Leap 15.1_KDE

What I have done overall is the following:

1. Added R46 and PIM repos.

2. Applied switch to R46 and got this, from where you suggested some solutions.

3. Removed PIM (applying switch to it gave me too much conflicts anyway).

4. Applied switch to R46 again, same conflicts except that your solutions were not listed anymore as Conflict Resolution options, they don't appear (hence my original question).

5. Added KDE Stable 4.6.0 repo and applied switch, realized that here I got no conflicts.

I thought if I just added PIM in order to make appear these solutions but NOT applying switch to PIM itself, I would be OK. Perhaps that's what you considered as cleared errors, or the fact that I mentioned I got no conflicts with KDE 4.6.0. But I still haven't solved any errors.......

The bluetooth issue maybe I should leave kbluetooth or uninstalling it, although obexd seems to be a 11.4-only package...

But now I got a bit more confused. KDE Stable 4.6.0 seems more "stable" since I got no conflicts when applying switch, and it's the version that comes by default shipped on 11.4

Blog Entries

I suggest you stick with Stable
    This whole process seems to be too confusing for you
    Leap 15.1_KDE

OK, finally upgraded with KDE Stable. Thanks very much for your help, mr Caf, and sorry for being so annoying...

Just one final thing, is it just my imagination or KDE 4.6 is draining my battery faster than 4.4 when working without plug?

Blog Entries

OK, finally upgraded with KDE Stable. Thanks very much for your help, mr Caf, and sorry for being so annoying...

Just one final thing, is it just my imagination or KDE 4.6 is draining my battery faster than 4.4 when working without plug?
    Imagination can run wild, whatever the subject.
    The only reality check here would be to have a physical comparison of the 2 versions of kde.
    However, your comment doesn't sound unfamiliar. Which may mean there is some truth in your imagination.
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123