Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skype cannot find my new webcam!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Skype cannot find my new webcam!

Quote Originally Posted by batequeixo View Post
    2) at the "command" field, enter {{{LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype}}} (minus the triple brackets, of course)
    Welcome to openSUSE and to openSUSE forums.

Thankyou for your contribution effort.

But I don't think you read the thread completely or perhaps you are not familiar with the difference between 'uvc' webcam driver and a 'gspca' webcam driver. The method you used is ONLY applicable to the 'gspca' webcam type and NOT to a uvc, and the user in this thread has a 'uvc'. And YES the difference is important.

Default Re: Skype cannot find my new webcam!

Hi all,

thanks a lot for this thread, it helped me to understand some things with Skype and openSUSE 11.4.

This line soluted my webcam problem with skype:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
    How can I put that line working in the GNOME 2.32 menu, so that Skype runs with this started from the menu?

I know how to edit GNOME menu, and I know how to edit the Skype item properties in the menu, but from the menu Skype will not start with this line.

It says (in german):
    Kindprozess »LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so« konnte nicht ausgeführt werden (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
    That means something like "childprocess »LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so« could not be executed (file or directory not found)".

But when I start Skype with that line in a terminal, it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    boerzel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123