Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

  1. #1

    Default Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    I want to open Microsoft Icons (*.ico) and Macintosh Icons (*.icns), is there any program for that?
    I can't find someone I tried Yahoo! and Google

    And if I ask, is there also a converter to convert ICO, ICNS -> PNG for Linux?
    == System Specs ==
    System: TOSHIBA Satellite A300D-13A (Laptop System)
    Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64 [Arch: AMD64]
    Sound: CONEXANT HD Audio Output/Input; Dolby® Sound Room
    Graphic: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    SoftHacker wrote:
    > I want to open Microsoft Icons (*.ico) and Macintosh Icons (*.icns), is
    > there any program for that?
    > I can't find someone I tried Yahoo! and Google
    >
    > And if I ask, is there also a converter to convert ICO, ICNS -> PNG for
    > Linux?


    gimp?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    On 07/06/2011 03:06 PM, SoftHacker wrote:
    >
    > I want to open Microsoft Icons (*.ico) and Macintosh Icons (*.icns), is
    > there any program for that?
    > I can't find someone I tried Yahoo! and Google


    what do you mean "open"?

    do you mean open and edit? if so, have you tried GIMP

    or, do you mean open and view? if so, have you tried Gwenview


    > And if I ask, is there also a converter to convert ICO, ICNS -> PNG for
    > Linux?


    give GIMP a try, i just went from .ico to .png, easy.


    --
    DD
    -Caveat-Hardware-Software-

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    i mean open and view
    for Microsoft icons i installed Eye of GNOME
    but eog can't view Macintosh icons, i installed libicns and libicns-utils with no luck, eog still can't view icns icons
    any other program to view icns icons???
    == System Specs ==
    System: TOSHIBA Satellite A300D-13A (Laptop System)
    Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64 [Arch: AMD64]
    Sound: CONEXANT HD Audio Output/Input; Dolby® Sound Room
    Graphic: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    SoftHacker wrote:
    > i mean open and view
    > for Microsoft icons i installed Eye of GNOME
    > but eog can't view Macintosh icons, i installed libicns and
    > libicns-utils with no luck, eog still can't view icns icons
    > any other program to view icns icons???


    Hmm, you're not very good at describing what you're doing are you?

    So you installed libicns-utils. So do you mean that icns2png and
    png2icns don't work, or that you didn't bother reading the docs or what?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    On 07/06/2011 04:24 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:

    > reading the docs or what?


    oh wow, is that allowed?

    --
    DD
    -Caveat-Hardware-Software-

  7. #7
    Taki NNTP User

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    On 07/06/2011 07:06 AM, SoftHacker wrote:
    >
    > i mean open and view
    > for Microsoft icons i installed Eye of GNOME
    > but eog can't view Macintosh icons, i installed libicns and
    > libicns-utils with no luck, eog still can't view icns icons
    > any other program to view icns icons???
    >
    >

    There is "icoutils" in the "Contrib" repo,
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...trib/standard/


    From the description in YaST2:

    icoutils - Extracting and Converting Microsoft Icon and Cursor Files

    The icoutils are a set of programs for extracting and converting images
    in Microsoft Windows icon and cursor files. These files usually have the
    extension .ico or .cur, but they can also be embedded in executables or
    libraries (.dll-files).

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    did you realize that the ico problem is solved
    i need to open Macintosh icons (icns)

    no more ico thinks 100% solved thank!

    icns icon thinks please
    == System Specs ==
    System: TOSHIBA Satellite A300D-13A (Laptop System)
    Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64 [Arch: AMD64]
    Sound: CONEXANT HD Audio Output/Input; Dolby® Sound Room
    Graphic: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    On 07/08/2011 09:36 AM, SoftHacker wrote:
    >
    > icns icon thinks please


    try google? the string
    open icns in linux <http://www.google.com/search?q=open+icns+in+linux>
    brings 340,000 hits, the first is
    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/icns/> "Software for library for
    manipulating MacOS X .icns icon format. Currently provides support for
    reading and writing icns files in most sizes. Also provides two
    utilities for manipulating files in the .icns format: icns2png
    icontainer2icns"

    --
    DD
    -Caveat-Hardware-Software-

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any program to view ICO & ICNS in Linux??

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post
    On 07/08/2011 09:36 AM, SoftHacker wrote:
    >
    > icns icon thinks please


    try google? the string
    open icns in linux <http://www.google.com/search?q=open+icns+in+linux>
    brings 340,000 hits, the first is
    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/icns/> "Software for library for
    manipulating MacOS X .icns icon format. Currently provides support for
    reading and writing icns files in most sizes. Also provides two
    utilities for manipulating files in the .icns format: icns2png
    icontainer2icns"

    --
    DD
    -Caveat-Hardware-Software-
    first I want to say, i'm using Google.RU at all
    and i have libicns already installed, already posted
    and the converted png icons (from icns) are to small 128x128, but I need 256x256, the same icon as ico is 256x256, but the mac one should also be 256x256
    it stands in the readme of the icon pack that i have downloaded...

    and what is, when i download a clean macintosh icon pack, without microsoft icons, than i have to small icons (128x128) instead of useable ones (256x256)

    how to get icns2png to convert the icons to 256x256 png's
    thanks in advance

    sry for my english, i know i'm from austria!
    == System Specs ==
    System: TOSHIBA Satellite A300D-13A (Laptop System)
    Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64 [Arch: AMD64]
    Sound: CONEXANT HD Audio Output/Input; Dolby® Sound Room
    Graphic: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •