Thread: A question about usage of a Gnome advantage in KDE4

Question A question about usage of a Gnome advantage in KDE4

In Gnome and gnome gtk applications there is a possibility for coping of the content of an entry or some text and drag&drop its copy directly to another entry or text file simply by selecting it and dragging it to the desire place with the mouse. I would like to know if such thing is possible somehow in KDE4 as well. For now in KDE4 is possible only the classical way - coping the content first and then paste it on the place I like .

Default Re: A question about usage of a Gnome advantage in KDE4

I've just done that with your message, dragged and dropped from the (Chrome) browser to a KDE plasmoid. You should try it too ;-)
    Günter

Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

Chrome is a gtk+ application, do it in clear Qt environment - qt application to qt application - and let me know the trick ?

Hi,

Maybe try upgrading your KDE? I'm using openSUSE 11.4 with KDE 4.6.5 from the upstream release repository

Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4

I can drag and drop from kwrite to kwrite, kwrite to widget, widget to kwrite, widget to widget.

I can try with the kde that comes with 11.4 when I get home to my desktop computer.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Kwrite to plasmoid (both Qt) works fine too. Try it again ;-)
    Günter

Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by ijbreakey View Post
    Hi,

Maybe try upgrading your KDE? I'm using openSUSE 11.4 with KDE 4.6.5 from the upstream release repository

Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4

I can drag and drop from kwrite to kwrite, kwrite to widget, widget to kwrite, widget to widget.
    I did upgrade to kde 4.6.5 . And the trick works with kwrite but continue not to work with konqueror for example. I always can select the contained in the address entry of gtk+ browsers (for example) and dragging it to another place. Konqueror does not provide that option , also try it with the address entry in dolphine - the same. If there is a combination selecting and dragging with a keyboard keys (or mouse with keys) to make possible the same action will be helpful.

Thanks.