Hello list, moderators,
The following describes odd behavior in my opinion, but I'm not sure where this question belongs. How can a monitor affect the loading of application SW? Can I get some help to fix the following problem here?

I installed lxde on a P3 with a Gem 17" CRT monitor. LXDE runs on top of opensuse 11.4. On a P4 box I installed kde with 11.4, both from the same DVD. The P4 OS was installed using Vivitron 1776 17" CRT monitor.

Both boxes use qinternet for connection to DSL. Qinternet is set to autostart and its icon displays in the taskbar system tray.

I bought a ViewSonic E70 17" CRT monitor for the P4 and put the Vivitron on the P3.

Now the P3 displays the qinternet icon in a small terminal instead of loading it into the system tray as before. Of the three 17" CRT monitors I have, only with the Gem will the P3 (LXDE) system display qinternet in the system tray.

The P4 system (KDE4) can run any of the monitors and still put the qinternet icon into the system.

Qinternet is a binary file, but if i "less" it, I can see references to kinternet, so I think it's KDE4 SW. LXDE may be the culprit, or maybe the behavior will involve xorg. Your responses please! Heboland