Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a video converter

Default looking for a video converter

Guys please suggest me a good video converter software for openSUSE to covert videos into multiple formats.it will be easy if it ask me to covert videos for a specific device like i-pod,Nokia,Samsung mobiles.thanks in advance:-)

Blog Entries

Default Re: looking for a video converter

avidemux
    or
    handbrake
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926
    avidemux
    or
    handbrake

Hi
    +1 for handbrake it has presets for ithings... also ensure you have
    libdvdcss installed.

--
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop
    up 2:26, 3 users, load average: 0.26, 0.13, 0.09
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 270.41.06

Mediacoder is a good tool MediaCoder - Choose your MediaCoder edition. I use it all the time to convert videos for my phone. It has device specific settings and interfaces but also lets you pick and choose. It's a windows program but works great in wine. The only thing is you need to have firefox for wine installed. It has device specific builds as well MediaCoder - Device

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Sorry for coming late.i installed both(handbrake and avidemux).i used to total video converter and any video converter(these two videoconverters are for windows).i have trouble with both(handbrake,avidemux).because i don't know how to use both.in windows converters I'll add videos and select formats(mp4,avi,flv) or devices(ipod,Nokia or Samsung)then I'll click covert button.it will covert my videos and put them in my desired path.it is quite difficult to me covert videos in handbrake or avidemux.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vike4 View Post
    Sorry for coming late.i installed both(handbrake and avidemux).i used to total video converter and any video converter(these two videoconverters are for windows).i have trouble with both(handbrake,avidemux).because i don't know how to use both.in windows converters I'll add videos and select formats(mp4,avi,flv) or devices(ipod,Nokia or Samsung)then I'll click covert button.it will covert my videos and put them in my desired path.it is quite difficult to me covert videos in handbrake or avidemux.
    But ....

handbrake does exactly what you just described.

handbrake is also available for MS-Windows and MacIntosh and I have a MacIntosh friend whose uses it (for his iPad) and thinks it great. In fact he was the one who recommended I use it to create videos for my wife's iPod Touch 3G.

I recently used it to create a number of videos for my wife to test on her iPod Touch 3G. The videos played great on that device !

I will use video converter to play videos in my mobile.it's screen resolution is 320*240.please tell how to convert a video in that resolution.

I suggest to take a look in the manual of the respective application.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vike4 View Post
    I will use video converter to play videos in my mobile.it's screen resolution is 320*240.please tell how to convert a video in that resolution.
    vike4, there is more to this than 'just' resolution. There is the video codec. There is the audio codec. And there is the respective bit rates.

vike4 I think if you want help here, you need to point to your specific mobile model number, else this thread could go on for a LONG time before the necessary details are flushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    vike4, there is more to this than 'just' resolution. There is the video codec. There is the audio codec. And there is the respective bit rates.

vike4 I think if you want help here, you need to point to your specific mobile model number, else this thread could go on for a LONG time before the necessary details are flushed out.
    Hmm my mobile model:Samsung s5620(Monte).

@groupiuskalle i read the handbrake guide but can't understand anything.

sorry I am not having enough knowledge in multimedia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast