Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compiz 9.5 news :)

Default Re: Compiz 9.5 news :)

Hi Hanzdersion,
    I feel really proud to having been of help! Thank you!
    - Are you telling that you forced the install of ccsm 8.6 and that it works!? If that is true, your fantasy is better as my own one and I am an old innovative classic musician regarded as "holy cow". I will try immediately this one . Right now I am checking the "negative vmware impact on the opengl stability". My first impression is of dealing with a gang of esoteric guys, but still I am not done, I am comparing 2 equal complete installations, the first one with vmware never installed. Guess the result. The truth is that I was using an 11.3 upgraded, among other issues much slower, I can say now. I had also the courage to copy such an installation in at least 10 machines...no comment. Concerning rapidshare it would be a great idea: the complete repo including devel, debug, the conf folder, the working emerald and a short but effective HowTo. Well, I have your email address and you my own. Take care!
    Laptop: MSI 60 2PC | OpenSUSE 13.1 (x86_64) | KDE Current| Compiz 8.8 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU 3.2GHz | GTX850M | 8GB RAM

Default Re: Compiz 9.5 news :)

The compiz repository was updated.
    - The new downgraded version facilitates the integration with kde4. The panels tend to behave normally.
    - FusionIcon works again and the entry window decorator -> emerald is still there. Of course emerald is no longer supported by compiz being unmaintained since over two years. If you select emerald you get windows with no decoration and decorator functions still working. Nice!
    - The qt packages in the kde4 repository base were updated with no "compiz trouble".
    - known issues:
    In order to configure a kde4 desktop compiz should be disabled.
    - some software, ex. kde3-kaffeine, preferable to kde4 kaffeine, can't be configurated under running compiz. After such an attempt it will be necessary to reset the configuration under kwin.
    Laptop: MSI 60 2PC | OpenSUSE 13.1 (x86_64) | KDE Current| Compiz 8.8 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU 3.2GHz | GTX850M | 8GB RAM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123