Thread: how do i add the mobile broadband providers to the list in Network manager?

Question how do i add the mobile broadband providers to the list in Network manager?

Hi there.
    I am trying to find out how to get the mobile broadband providers to appear on the network manager app, coz at the moment when i try to create a new mobile broadband connection the list of providers is empty.
    if somebody could be so kind to explain how to add them to it i would be very grateful.

Default Re: how do i add the mobile broadband providers to the list in Network manager?

Did you install mobile-broadbandifo or something like that? You may also need to install usb-modswitch & usb-modswitch-data. you will find these in oss repo. download those packages from another pc & install them & reboot. then you can use your modem for internet.

I did this for my Huawei E162 modem.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, Gigabyte GA 880gm-ud2h mobo, 4GB RAM
    with Opensuse 11.4 KDE

Default Re: how do i add the mobile broadband providers to the list in Network manager?

the mobil broadband works ,just i have to enter the setting in, but in the network manager it doesnt show a list of providers.
    its the list that i want to install so i am able to select from the list and so....

any more ideas on how to obtain the mobil broadband provider list for the network manager on Opensuse 11.4 KDE??