Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash video fullscreen playing behind browser

Question Flash video fullscreen playing behind browser

ok well the tiltle says it all.
    I am using 11.4 with Gnome3 and multimedia pack.
    When playing flash videos in the browser if I click fullscreen, the video plays full screen behind the browser window. It does not happen always and it has not happened with youtube yet.

Any solutions would be really appreciated.

Default Re: Flash video fullscreen playing behind browser

I think it is a flash issue and not related to opensuse / linux as I also see this behavior in Windows7.

Quote Originally Posted by waqarulhassan View Post
    ok well the tiltle says it all.
    I am using 11.4 with Gnome3 and multimedia pack.
    When playing flash videos in the browser if I click fullscreen, the video plays full screen behind the browser window. It does not happen always and it has not happened with youtube yet.

Any solutions would be really appreciated.
    Just click on the flash video with your mouse. This will bring it to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    Just click on the flash video with your mouse. This will bring it to the front.
    I've also had this problem, and I have tried that before. You bring it to the front alright, but not in full screen as intended. I didn't care enough to research the issue, but I generally solve this by restarting Firefox - and therefore, Flash, which appears to be the culprit.

By the way, unlike waqarulhassan, I am using KDE 4.6.4 and I've noticed the issue on Youtube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ominus View Post
    I've also had this problem, and I have tried that before. You bring it to the front alright, but not in full screen as intended. I didn't care enough to research the issue, but I generally solve this by restarting Firefox - and therefore, Flash, which appears to be the culprit.
    It works for me. I'm not convinced this is a Flash bug, I didn't come across it or the "flashing rectangle" issue until I upgraded to FF 4.

By the way, unlike waqarulhassan, I am using KDE 4.6.4 and I've noticed the issue on Youtube as well.
    That's interesting, I have Gnome 2. Are you using the KDE version of FF?

Blog Entries

I think...
    It's not and never has happened here. In kde4, gnome2 or gnome3.

Try a new user account. Make not adjustments from the defaults. Does it still happen?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I simply click to minimise firefox when this happens and it brings the full screen video to the front (true full screen without taskbar).

This works in both windows and opensuse 11.4 KDE.

Definitely not an opensuse or profile problem but either firefox or flash specific.

Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    It works for me. I'm not convinced this is a Flash bug, I didn't come across it or the "flashing rectangle" issue until I upgraded to FF 4.
    I'm just quick to blame Flash for any unusual and buggy behaviour of this sort, but it might be something else of course - and as I rarely use full screen, I never bothered to fix it. However, I have had this problem since (at least) Firefox 3.5 on openSUSE 11.2. I can't recall whether I have seen it earlier than that.

That's interesting, I have Gnome 2. Are you using the KDE version of FF?
    Nope. The regular version from the stable Mozilla repo.

I've actually had this happen to me as well. I usually just alt+tab to the full screen flash window or use Present Windows to click on the full screen window. Never really bothered to look into it too far since it rarely ever happens.

Take Care,
    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

well as I do not have a minimise button in Gnome3 I have to resize the browser window, then click fullscreen button and then the video behind the browser, and it has never happened with youtube, but in facebook it happens to all embedded videos including youtube. It happens in chromium as well. I have a dual-boot Win7 64bit, never experienced it there. I am using 32bit version of openSUSE 11.4 with gnome 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast