Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone in KDE

Default Iphone in KDE

Hey all,
    I've noticed there are a few threads started not only here but on other forums asking about gtkpod in KDE I was in the understanding that an iphone cannot sync with KDE as KDE detects it as a camera or an I missing something if so what packages do I need to get it to work in KDE.

Thanks
    Graeme

Default Re: Iphone in KDE

I'm also having the same problem in my Samsung mobile.so please help me too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by graemew66 View Post
    I've noticed there are a few threads started not only here but on other forums asking about gtkpod in KDE I was in the understanding that an iphone cannot sync with KDE as KDE detects it as a camera or an I missing something if so what packages do I need to get it to work in KDE.
    How different is an iPod from an iPhone ? Note gtkpod works fine in KDE.

I just finished posting my openSUSE-11.3 to iPod Touch 3G interface experience here: Interfacing iPod Touch 3G to openSUSE-11.3 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vike4 View Post
    I'm also having the same problem in my Samsung mobile.so please help me too.
    @ vike4

Title of this thread is "Iphone in KDE". Last I looked a Samsung mobile was not an Iphone. Or have I missed some Apple/Samsung agreement ?

You would be better off starting your own thread entitled : Help needed interfacing Samsung Mobile to openSUSE

Please start your own thread !

@oldcpu sorry i will post a new thread.

Thanks for posting that @oldcpu it don't work for me, iphone syncing works great in Gnome, but just don't in Kde.

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting that @oldcpu it don't work for me, iphone syncing works great in Gnome, but just don't in Kde.
    Are you running gtkpod in KDE ?

I was successful with openSUSE-11.3 KDE-4.4.4 on on iPod Touch 3G and I know nothing about Apple devices so maybe my different configuration is a reason why.

What errors did you get when you adopted the approach I followed ?

yep have all installed that I should, no error output just no ones home but Kde detects it as a camera so I can navigate it that way but can not sync to upload music, this is no real big deal it works great in Gnome, im just interested as to why it don't work.

Blog Entries

yep have all installed that I should, no error output just no ones home but Kde detects it as a camera so I can navigate it that way but can not sync to upload music, this is no real big deal it works great in Gnome, im just interested as to why it don't work.
    Did you try IGNORING it as a camera (ie do NOT select to load the camera software) and creating a mount directory: /home/graemew66/ipod
    and then mount it with:
    Code:
    ifuse /home/graemew66/ipod
    Do you get any errors then ?

yes I always ignor it as a camera, no errors are reported, but still will not show up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast