Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Unusual big icons and windows

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    318

    Default Unusual big icons and windows

    hi to all please see the following images





    i think i changed some settings in my system.now everything is big in my laptop please help me how to get rid of this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    Have you looked at the KDE menu / Personnel Settings / Common Appearance and Behavior Group / Application Appearance / Fonts / Force Fonts DPI: 120 DPI? Selecting 96 DPI or Disabled might help. You must restart KDE to see the results of your change here. By the way, for me, the large icons on your PC look great!

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    On 06/11/2011 07:06 PM, vike4 wrote:
    >
    > i think i changed some settings in my system.now everything is big in
    > my laptop please help me how to get rid of this.


    just change those settings back to what they were!

    --
    dd CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
    via NNTP openSUSE 11.4 [2.6.37.6-0.5] + KDE 4.6.0 + Thunderbird 3.1.10
    Acer Aspire One D255, 1.66 GHz Atom, 1 GB RAM, Intel Pineview graphics
    * When your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction! *

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post

    just change those settings back to what they were!

    --
    dd CAVEAT: C A V E A T
    via NNTP openSUSE 11.4 [2.6.37.6-0.5] + KDE 4.6.0 + Thunderbird 3.1.10
    Acer Aspire One D255, 1.66 GHz Atom, 1 GB RAM, Intel Pineview graphics
    * When your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction! *
    One problem i don't know which settings i changed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    This shows my current settings in KDE for fonts:


    Notice also, that in each section of the system settings there is a defaults button (lower left) which you can use to set back to post install defaults.
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Have you looked at the KDE menu / Personnel Settings / Common Appearance and Behavior Group / Application Appearance / Fonts / Force Fonts DPI: 120 DPI? Selecting 96 DPI or Disabled might help. You must restart KDE to see the results of your change here. By the way, for me, the large icons on your PC look great!

    Thank You,
    there it is disabled.but it not solved my problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    This shows my current settings in KDE for fonts:


    Notice also, that in each section of the system settings there is a defaults button (lower left) which you can use to set back to post install defaults.
    Thanks for that screen shot.i think i changed nothing under fonts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Unusual big icons and windows

    Eureka! Eureka!

    to change back to default one should go to / Personnel Settings / Common Appearance and Behavior Group / Application Appearance /Icons/Advanced tab
    Now we can set our preferred size for everything like Desktop,Toolbar,etc.try that.

    @jdmcdaniel3 Now you can change your size of toolbar,desktop icons,etc

    Thanks for your replies guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •