Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Enscript problem

  1. #1

    Default Enscript problem

    I have a problem with /usr/bin/enscript when the LANG is set to es_MX the printer is printing

    ERROR: configurationerror
    OFFENDING COMMAND: setpagedevice
    ERRORINFO: Key = /PageSize Value = arraytype

    STACK:
    dicttype

    But if the LANG is set to en_US my report will print correctly.

    Does any body had this issue before? How can I fix it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,002

    Default Re: Enscript problem

    Hello bgarciaperea,

    Welcome to these forums.

    Can you please at least mention which level of openSUSE you are using.

    Also my idea is that your description is not complete. When I do
    Code:
    henk@boven:~> LANG=es_MX enscript
    
    
    
    /usr/bin/lpr: Error - destino predeterminado no disponible.
    henk@boven:~>
    I do not get the same error as you. But I guess you do different. Please show exactly what you do. And please put that between CODE tags as I did (Posting in Code Tags - A Guide).
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3

    Default Re: Enscript problem

    I use openSuSE 11.3

    and my enscript rpm is enscript-1.6.4-163.1


    I ran next command
    /usr/bin/>echo $LANG
    es_MX
    /usr/bin> enscript --landscape --font=Courier8 /tmp/text.rpt
    /usr/bin> echo $?
    0

    The error I showed is printed on the paper but no error is returned from the actual command, actually the exit value is 0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,002

    Default Re: Enscript problem

    Thanks for the clarification. I am not an expert at all here, but let us hope that this triggers someone who knows more.
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Enscript problem

    On 2011-06-10 21:06, hcvv wrote:
    >
    > Thanks for the clarification. I am not an expert at all here, but let us
    > hope that this triggers someone who knows more.


    I believe it is a postscript error, detected by the printer itself, so the
    printer model is also relevant. And he needs an expert in postscript.

    I would generate, not print, the output file for both encodings, and
    compare them. Possibly the Spanish one is incorrect, so a Bugzilla is in
    order. Or, he could post to the mail list, the maintainer of the printer
    stack will probably answer - if the post has the pertinent info ;-)

    Also, the ps output could perhaps be cleaned with ps2ps, and then
    resubmitted to the printer.

    And the file "/tmp/text.rpt" could also be relevant.


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Enscript problem

    Thank you for your help Carlos, using ps2ps printed my report but it was just moved a little bit, but after read the gs man page I found that what that command does is just change the postscript level so what I actually did was run my enscript script with leve1 of postcript and that printed my report just how I need it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •