Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opensuse sees android system but nothing whats in it

Blog Entries

Default Re: opensuse sees android system but nothing whats in it

I note in this thread Difference Between Android 3.0 and 3.1 Honeycomb that for USB connectivity it is best to have Honeycomb (Android) version-3.1 :
    Android 3.1 is the first revision to Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), the tablet optimized operating system. Google announced the update on 10 May 2011. The first major update to Honeycomb refines many of the features in the original Honeycomb version. The improvements are added on to the same UI and features in Android 3.0. The new features added on to Android 3.0 include refined UI, resizable home screen widgets, added support for many new input devices like any type of external keyboards, mouse, gamepads, game controllers and digital cameras, support USB connectivity for Android powered external hardware devices, attach one or more input devices simultaneously over USB and/or Bluetooth, improved multitasking with expandable recent apps list and robust Wi-Fi networking. The improvements are on Browser application, Gallery apps, Calendar,email and enterprise support

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I note in this thread Difference Between Android 3.0 and 3.1 Honeycomb that for USB connectivity it is best to have Honeycomb (Android) version-3.1 :
    loand and erget, I think you both have xoom tablets ? I read here on itechreport on the xoom that it is being sold with android 3.0 and should have 3.1 later. I'm thinking not having Android 3.1 could be contributing to the difficulty you are having with your xoom.

hi oldcpu, it is 3.1 android.

hi dwellen,

I did all the same steps like you including fuse, man+id3tag mtpfs from source 70-motorola.rules from motorola website and still getting the same error :
    Code:
    fuse: bad mount point `/xoom': Transport endpoint is not connected
    I think there is some problem with fuse and I think I am missing fuse.conf files so can you please show me result of whereis fuse command I will compare with my. I found that on ubuntu/redhat should be fuse group and /etc/fuse.conf which I am missing.
    I will compare your result of whereis fuse with my when I get home.
    Thanks

erget, the id3tag can be installed from source just google it, sorry I am not writting from my laptop so can let you know later on.

I didn't install the /etc.fuse.conf file. The rules file is needed only by udev and
    controls the notifier. It isn't needed for mtpfs. I didn't have to add to the user
    to any groups other then default. This can be ruled out using root to mount and
    access.

The whereis command's output was exactly the same as your results. It just reports
    the same two files.
    Some people on the web have seen this error due to a defective usb cable. Motorola
    however uses a special cable so it isn't a easy option to try another.
    Another option to rule out hardware is to boot a live-cd on a different distribution that
    is known to work with the xoom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12