Thread: Raid 0 partition don't mount

Default Raid 0 partition don't mount

Hello,

After an install of suse 11.4, one of my drives raid 0 (ichr9 intel) does not mount and is not recognized as being formatted in NTSF, while the other unit raid 0 (ichr9) is recognized without problems?

Have you any idea?

Thank you and good day.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Raid 0 partition don't mount

Hello,

After an install of suse 11.4, one of my drives raid 0 (ichr9 intel) does not mount and is not recognized as being formatted in NTSF, while the other unit raid 0 (ichr9) is recognized without problems?

Have you any idea?

Thank you and good day.
    Perhaps you need to run a check disk function on the drive. A dirty disk, as it was called, had a bad shutdown and may have some issues that need to be fixed. A copy of WIndows could do it. A program like qtparted or other disk utility (not YaST Partitioner) can be used to fix a NOT Mounted NTFS partition for instance. NTFS partitions with perceived problems will not be mounted.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Raid 0 partition don't mount

Linux has issues with Raid 0, I hope the above solution works for you, but I don't think success is likely.
    Vaio F11: i7-720QM 8GB RAM Nvidia GT 330m
    Win 7 Pro 64 bit | openSuse 11.4 64 bit | Arch Linux 64 bit

depends on the kind of RAID if it is FAKE (BIOS assist) RAID it is a tossup if Linux can use it or not. Should be no trouble if it is true hardware RAID.

I've had problems with different BIOS RAID in several systems.
    With kernel MD, RAID 0 works fine in my system (RAID 0 for / and RAID 1 for /home)
    It is abhorrent the spiritual greed of those that knowing something, do not seek the transfer of such knowledge.

Miguel de Unamuno - Writer (1864-1936)