Thread: Gnome 3/Wine - Removing icons from the Applications section

Default Gnome 3/Wine - Removing icons from the Applications section

I am currently running openSUSE 11.4 w/ Gnome 3. I wound up installing Adobe Digital Editions using Wine.

Got everything working, except I ended up installing it twice (once as root and once as myself.

Currently in my "Applications" I show 2 Adobe Digital Editions. I have ran wine uninstaller as both myself and as root, and the icons are still in the Applications window.

I am not sure who is to blame and what I should try to access to rm these icons.

Default Re: Gnome 3/Wine - Removing icons from the Applications section

Hi there,

If you want to remove items from the Gnome menu, you can simply open the shell, and search for "main menu", I think by default it's under Accessories, from here you can easily delete and uncheck items within all the subcategories. I myself, have blitzed my menu config so all of my programs are nice and organised.

Hope this helps

Default RESOLVED - Re: Gnome 3/Wine - Removing icons from the Applications section

Hey, thanks. I actually got my answer resolved, via exact same explanation in the IRC.

I prefer to try and use command line, for learning purposes. in which case you can remove the items from the ~/.local/share/applications and rm from there.

But thanks for the response and reminding me to mark this as resolved. If only I could delete my ignorance.....