Thread: Article: HowTo Upgrade openSUSE 11.4 to Tumbleweed

Blog Entries

Default Article: upgrade openSUSE 11.4 to Tumbleweed

Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

You may change the address of the virtual box repo to this one: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...opensuse/11.4/ for Tumbleweed users
    Last edited by swerdna; 16-Oct-2011 at 13:43. Reason: fix typo in address

Great article. It really helped me get to Tumbleweed. Thanks

Blog Entries

Thanks creatura85. (BTW I edited your address cos it had a typo, didn't want readers to get puzzled)

No problem Swerdna, glad to be of help.

I'd like to try opensuse kde (which already use with PCLinuxOS). My question is: if I install the current 11.4 (or even the 12.1 rc) and apply to it the tumbleweed repository, can i expect to update to 12.1 (when it comes out), or is it better install the 12.1 directly and then apply the tumbleweed repository? I understand that the question seems strange (if I make a rolling distro, it should update itself automatically), but i'm not sure, so... Hoping my english is clear and correct, thanks in advance for your response and attention.

FYI: openSUSE:Contrib - openSUSE
    Please note that from the openSUSE 12.1 release onwards, the Contrib repository is deprecated!
    If you are a user, rest assured that the vast majority of these packages is now integrated in the main repository of openSUSE. Some of them are available on the build service and you can find them using the [software.opensuse.org/ software search]. If you're a developer, please push your packages to Factory! This is not complicated and gets your package to all openSUSE users out there!