Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: openSUSE 11.4 KDE: How to set up mouse right click for deletion?

Default Re: openSUSE 11.4 KDE: How to set up mouse right click for deletion?

Hi caf4926,

I now got the same screen image as yours after selecting Folder Views, but when I select the Icy Tree wallpaper image and hover the mouse cursor over its top left corner I don't see the red X. Clicking on the "cashew" at the top right of the screen does not show configure shortcuts, but rather a menu that include shortcut settings.

Right click desktop > Shortcut settings > Configure shortcuts - Plasma Desktop Shell

Left-hand Column: Actions: ....(Red)X = Remove this activity
    Right-hand Column: Shortcut: Alt+D, Alt+R

Somehow I still cannot make the red X appear on the right side of "Right Mouse Button". Perhaps I would try another keyboard.

Blog Entries

OK
    You can't remove system wallpaper images, only ones you have manually added
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Hi caf4926,

I did try a different keyboard and manually added 2 other wallpapers, but still no luck, i.e. unable to delete using ALT+D or ALT+R, or the DELETE key. I think the problem lies in how to correctly configure shortcuts such that when I right click an image or wallpaper object I should be able to remove it (Red X = Remove this activity).

Blog Entries

I think maybe we are talking about different things?
    Now I'm not sure where you are coming from
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

IMHO the problem is that you are trying to use the desktop settings application to perform a file managment task. If you want to delete something, open dolphin, navigate to the folder where the thing is, right click, and delete it. Wallpapers are in /usr/share/wallpapers.

Just my 2 ¢

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12