Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: openSUSE 11.4 KDE: How to set up mouse right click for deletion?

Default openSUSE 11.4 KDE: How to set up mouse right click for deletion?

Hi,

Mouse: MS Notebook Optical 3000, with left, right buttons and a vertical scroll wheel in the middle

How do I configure or set up mouse action such that an option to delete or move to trash is also included when hitting the right mouse button? As shown below, the "standard menu" does not include this action:

Right clicking desktop > Desktop Settings > Plasma Desktop Shell

Middle button: Paste

Left button: Standard Menu (std. menu/application launcher/paste/switch windows/switch activity/switch desktop)

Vertical scroll: Switch desktop

Right button: Standard Menu

I appreciate your suggestions. I have looked all over but can't seem to find the answer.

Blog Entries

Default Re: openSUSE 11.4 KDE: How to set up mouse right click for deletion?

Hang on
    You want right click > delete

But are you meaning in dolphin.

Because you seem to be suggesting the plasma desktop, and they can vary depending on the activity type you use, and delete what exactly? Everything on a desktop activity is a widget and itself has a delete button if the widgets are unlocked. Even the desktop activity is really a widget.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Hi caf4926,

What I am still trying to achieve is to delete or move to trash a few wallpaper images from Desktop Settings - Views. In any other application I can right click an item/object to delete or move it to trash. As an alternative I also tried to select a wallpaper and hit the DELETE key but failed. I also wish to see options or menu choices to move and to copy, not just paste. I know how to configure the mouse action but cannot find either Delete, Move or Copy.

Basically plasma desktop makes it way harder to use than necessary, in my humble opinion (IMHO)!

Blog Entries

In the settings here
    SUSE Paste

Hover your mouse on the top left corner of an image
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Hello caf4926,

My Desktop -View is not the same as the one you are showing, and it only has 2 items: View & Mouse Actions. When I hover my mouse over the top left of the "Icy Tree" wallpaper to get rid of it, I don't see any red X. So can you show me how to set this up?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Blog Entries

Unlock widgets
    Go to the top right corner cashew and click > configure shortcuts
    That may help

But What activity type are you using, I have Folder View
    Let me try some others
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Blog Entries

Yes, I just tried the plain desktop and it's like you.
    Let me see if I can figure a setting
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Yes, I just tried the plain desktop and it's like you.
    Let me see if I can figure a setting
    I can't see it

Try switching to Folder View Activity
    (applications open in the current activity will not be in view, so close them first in case you forget about them)

You can delete icons on the folder view desktop if you like, it's an activity that is meant to represent the traditional type 'Desktop' most are familiar with.
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Hi caf4926,

I switched to Folder View Settings and got the same image you just posted. However, no matter whatever option I selected using the "wrench" to the right of Right-Mouse Button, the mouse actions remain unchanged, i.e. still the same as in my first post. I cannot delete "Icy Tree" wallpaper. Delete button doesn't work, so does the key combination "ALT-D, R".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    In the settings here
    SUSE Paste

Hover your mouse on the top left corner of an image
    You still can't hover the image as shown here
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast