Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connect loptop to projector

Default connect loptop to projector

hi guys,

i need to connect my loptop Vaio F116FG to projector with VGA cable.now when i connect them in suse,projector doesnt show loptop image,and loptop doesnt know projector.(in windows 7 its work fine)

what should i do?

My Graphic card is Nvidia G330M,and its driver is installed

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: connect loptop to projector

Hi, can you be a bit more precise on your system:

• what precise version of OpenSUSE are you using
    • what kind of desktop are you using and what version
    • what exact version of driver are you using
    • do you have a function key on it to switch between the normal screen view and projection mode?

A cheap workaround that is sometimes working: switch on the projector first with the laptop attached. Then boot up the laptop.
    Check also if there is a manual channel switch for the projector. In this case it will be probably organized in a loop way:

• one pressure channel one
    • second pressure channel two
    • third pressure video

this or similar. Such a routine might be detected by some proprietary protocol in Win7 but not in Linux. So then you will do have to press the button by hand.
    Good luck.

Default Re: connect loptop to projector

thanks for your answer,

this is my system information:

Linux 2.6.34-12-desktop i686

System: openSUSE 11.3 (i586)

KDE: 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4) "release 2"

3D driver: NVIDIA 256.53

i have function key to switch(it works in win7,here doesnt work)

Thanks,so much

I have found in the past that occastionally openSUSE does not detect the projector unless you reboot - sometimes the function key combination which some laptops have may also solve the problem. Having installed 11.4, these problems appear to have disappeared. So try rebooting/using function keys and if that doesn't work try upgrading.

HI,
    Do you use the application: nvidia-settings?
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) KDE 4.8.5, Laptop: KEYNUX Ymax I7, RAM 4GB, HD 120GB SSD (OS) + 500GB, 64-bits Quad-core Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Video 17" nVidia GeForce GTX 285M

Quote Originally Posted by phiga View Post
    HI,
    Do you use the application: nvidia-settings?

when i installes nvidia driver,it installed too

but i didnt use it

Quote Originally Posted by john_hudson View Post
    I have found in the past that occastionally openSUSE does not detect the projector unless you reboot - sometimes the function key combination which some laptops have may also solve the problem. Having installed 11.4, these problems appear to have disappeared. So try rebooting/using function keys and if that doesn't work try upgrading.
    thanks,i rebooted but it didnt changed.what do you mean reboot using Function keys?how is it?

Sounds as it is is a video driver problem; on my Acer Fn-F5 switches dual monitors on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by arashmobileboy View Post
    when i installes nvidia driver,it installed too

but i didnt use it
    Use nvidia-settings!! this is the application you need to activate twin view, extended desktop etc etc
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) KDE 4.8.5, Laptop: KEYNUX Ymax I7, RAM 4GB, HD 120GB SSD (OS) + 500GB, 64-bits Quad-core Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Video 17" nVidia GeForce GTX 285M

Quote Originally Posted by phiga View Post
    Use nvidia-settings!! this is the application you need to activate twin view, extended desktop etc etc
    Hi, I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I was wondering how to make these settings made using nvidia-settings permanent? I have to setup dual monitor settings each time I reboot, which is pretty inconvenient. (This is probably also relevant for the OP that's why I felt free to ask here)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast