Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: New Forum Functionality

Blog Entries

Default Article: New Forum Functionality

My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me since I changed the competition to kick boxing

So with the new functionality, do we also loose our navigation?

With every forum change, my access to subscribed threads gets moved elsewhere as does my access to my profile. Can't find view subscribed threads anywhere now.

For your profile, click on "My Profile" in the upper right-hand corner (that's where I see it). You can also click on your login name in the top bar to get there.

For subscribed threads, I find it under "Forum"->"Quick Links"->"Subscribed Threads".

Jim

Blog Entries

Subscriptions have moved under the SETTINGs link. Unfortunately the settings link has gone AWOL so we'll get that back. In the meantime: http://forums.opensuse.org/usercp.php We're still crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: New Forum Functionality

Quote Originally Posted by kgroneman View Post
    Subscriptions have moved under the SETTINGs link. Unfortunately the settings link has gone AWOL so we'll get that back. In the meantime: http://forums.opensuse.org/usercp.php We're still crossing the T's and dotting the I's.
    Thank you!!!
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Ha, just noticed blog my post. This could be interesting.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Article: New Forum Functionality

I hate to seem ungrateful for the help, but there was nothing wrong with how viewing subscribed threads worked before. I also wonder just how much testing has been done with the modifications said to "improve" the forum. Is it the only way to test such changes is live on live people using the openSUSE forums?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ken_yap View Post
    Ha, just noticed blog my post. This could be interesting.
    Yes, and you can also create one..check your user profile
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Blog Entries

I also wonder just how much testing has been done with the modifications said to "improve" the forum.
    Remember everything dealing with these forums is a 'volunteer' effort. We have a development server we do everything on before we upgrade the production server. However, since we pull header and footer information from the openSUSE web site and there are a few server configuration differences with that, we usually run into issues on production when we install on that box. We catch those and work through them as fast as we can. In this case, there are a few things missing so we're building a new sub-header to show them which we'll probably have ready today or tomorrow.
    My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me since I changed the competition to kick boxing

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Article: New Forum Functionality

Remember everything dealing with these forums is a 'volunteer' effort. We have a development server we do everything on before we upgrade the production server. However, since we pull header and footer information from the openSUSE web site and there are a few server configuration differences with that, we usually run into issues on production when we install on that box. We catch those and work through them as fast as we can. In this case, there are a few things missing so we're building a new sub-header to show them which we'll probably have ready today or tomorrow.
    So I am too a volunteer here with just a few questions. Was the removal of the Settings option next to My Profile, which used to link us to http://forums.opensuse.org/usercp.php actually removed by accident as well as having both the user name and My Profile buttons send you to the same location?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast