Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Dexktop Names get lost on logout.

  1. #1

    Default Dexktop Names get lost on logout.

    Since upgrading to KDE 4.6.3 (from 4.6.2), I found the desktop names had
    reverted to "Desktop 1", "Desktop 2", etc. I renamed them in "Pager
    Settings" but when I next logged on, I found they had reverted. I've
    repeated it with a new .kde4 folder but that made no difference.


    --
    Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change 'boy' to 'man'
    openSUSE 11.4; KDE 4.6.3; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Video: nVidia GeForce 210; Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA);
    Wireless: BCM4306

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: Dexktop Names get lost on logout.

    Cloddy wrote:

    > Since upgrading to KDE 4.6.3 (from 4.6.2), I found the desktop names had
    > reverted to "Desktop 1", "Desktop 2", etc. I renamed them in "Pager
    > Settings" but when I next logged on, I found they had reverted. I've
    > repeated it with a new .kde4 folder but that made no difference.
    >

    I can confirm that, quickly checked it with 11.3 and kde 4.6.3, setting is
    lost after logout.
    File a bug here bugzilla.novell.com.

    --
    PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
    9600 GT | 4GB Ram
    Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
    ION | 3GB Ram

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dexktop Names get lost on logout.

    On Sat, 21 May 2011 14:05:49 +0000, martin_helm wrote:

    > I can confirm that, quickly checked it with 11.3 and kde 4.6.3, setting
    > is lost after logout.
    > File a bug here bugzilla.novell.com.


    Thanks for the confirmation. Bug submitted as #695309.


    --
    Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change 'boy' to 'man'
    openSUSE 11.4; KDE 4.6.3; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Video: nVidia GeForce 210; Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA);
    Wireless: BCM4306

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: Dexktop Names get lost on logout.

    Cloddy wrote:

    > On Sat, 21 May 2011 14:05:49 +0000, martin_helm wrote:
    >
    >> I can confirm that, quickly checked it with 11.3 and kde 4.6.3, setting
    >> is lost after logout.
    >> File a bug here bugzilla.novell.com.

    >
    > Thanks for the confirmation. Bug submitted as #695309.
    >

    Thank you, I will later today add a comment with my environment to it to
    confirm that it does not work there also.

    --
    PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
    9600 GT | 4GB Ram
    Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
    ION | 3GB Ram

  5. #5

    Default Re: Desktop Names get lost on logout.[SOLVED]

    On Sat, 21 May 2011 13:42:40 +0000, Cloddy wrote:

    > Since upgrading to KDE 4.6.3 (from 4.6.2), I found the desktop names had
    > reverted to "Desktop 1", "Desktop 2", etc. I renamed them in "Pager
    > Settings" but when I next logged on, I found they had reverted. I've
    > repeated it with a new .kde4 folder but that made no difference.


    Problem fixed in 4.6.4.

    --
    Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
    openSUSE 11.4; KDE 4.6.4; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Video: nVidia GeForce 210; Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA);
    Wireless: BCM4306

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •