openSUSE in an HP c7000 blade enclosure with BL 460c g6

I am trying to install openSUSE in an HP c7000 blade server. I have 16 blades BL 460c g6 and cannot get a single one to boot after installation. (I am using the live KDE both 11.3 and 11.4) The installation goes fine and is successful when I reboot - I get “Error loading Operating System”. I have upgraded the firmware in the chassis and the blades are at 1.8 - do I need to upgrade?
I have 6 blades in a c3000 chassis and I did this fine without a single glitch and it is happily running - has been for the past 4 months. The blades are identical to the c7000. The only difference is that the load was from a DVD in the c3000 chassis - c7000 - iLO is the only way. Or is Gnome a better way to go?

This answer may be a bit disapointing you, because I have no Idea why will noot boot (the more while you do tell very very less about what happens), but I do not understand your: “Or is Gnome a better way to go?”

Better then what? As you are talking about server only systems, I wouldn’t even think that you would install any Desktop Environment, may be not even any graphics. I also think that when ia system can not boot, it would be very strange that the DE would have annything to do with it. A desktop is only started AFTER the boot.

sorry about the confusion, I was considering the possible driver issues - which are used in the KDE.
This must be related to drivers particular to the c7000 - which has the iLO - my c3000 chassis has a DVD and a KVM installed so I load the OS directly from the DVD.

In the c7000 - there is no DVD or independent KVM (KVM function is served by the iLO).
Problem is that I can install and see everything via the iLO (so I am assuming that the drivers required are already present - I know this is risky). The problem occurs when the installation requests a reboot - the reboot does its thing - and the blade restarts and the OS starts to load. This is when I get the error. It is not a missing OS error - rather a load error, so the blade seems to be able to see the disk and everything.

I understand the desktop issue - but we are under mandate to remove all Windows OS and replace with Linux (cost issues as well as virus) - openSUSE was the OS of choice as we run Oracle and at least this is inline with SUSE(certification concerns). We did the proofing on the c3000 chassis which runs perfectly.

I will not leave you without an answer because that would look as if I leave you alone with your problem. And I still hope that someone with knowledge about what you say will see this thread and try to help you. But I do not understand much more of it after your explanation.

E.g on my question: why you do install a DE at all, you answer that you choose openSUSE. ??? Again why did you not install openSUSE text only, but with KDE? And why do you ask if installing Gnome (together with KDE or instead of KDE) will be “better”? “Better” for what? Certainly not for curing a boot problem because the DE has nothing to do with booting the system.

You talking about “divers used in KDE” is also beyond my understanding. I know “driver” is a very generic term used for many things, but most often it is about a piece of software in the Kernel (not in KDE) that interfaces to a piece of hardware in such a way that the higher level software can use the defined system calls to use that hardware. E.g. a system call to “open a file” will be handled by different drivers to do different things needed on different types of hardware like disks, tapes, network mounts, etc., but to the caller it will be all the same.

And for your boot problem, it is very difficult to do any assessment on it when you are not able to post the error here.