Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    I had a problem with Kmix. Kmix increase the usage of CPU. The solution is that:

    Open your terminal and write that

    Code:
    killall -9 kmix
    rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/kmix/
    rm -f $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/config/kmix*
    kmix &
    This is the solution.

    Always Friendly.
    Stamos.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    Code:
    killall -9 kmix
    rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/kmix/
    rm -f $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/config/kmix*
    kmix &
    Hello stamostolias and thanks for this solution. Do you mind explaining what each command does, line by line and just what do you end up with for a mixer after you run this fix?

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Re: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    Do you mean Kmix & ??

    Do you have the same problem James with me(I mean Kmix)??
    Just experimenting with my old laptop which has the same problem and also searching about this problem had made work.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Code:
    killall -9 kmix
    rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/kmix/
    rm -f $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/config/kmix*
    kmix &
    Hello stamostolias and thanks for this solution. Do you mind explaining what each command does, line by line and just what do you end up with for a mixer after you run this fix?

    Thank You,
    I would say it's the solution posted here, corrupted user kmix profile;
    Kmix eating up all available CPU time on one core • KDE Community Forums
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Re: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    I would say it's the solution posted here, corrupted user kmix profile;
    Kmix eating up all available CPU time on one core • KDE Community Forums
    Did well who I posted or not??
    Quote Originally Posted by stamostolias
    Just experimenting with my old laptop which has the same problem and also searching about this problem had made work.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Απ: Re: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    stamostolias, I would suggest that before anyone ran these commands, they might want to know what they did. One step would be like that of malcolmlewis, pointing to where the solution came from and where presumably, more info could be obtained on its exact purpose.

    OR

    One could just say what each line does like this:

    killall -9 kmix # This stops the program kmix from running, if it is running.

    rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/kmix/ # This deletes the folder /home/yourname/.kde4/share/apps/kmix/ and all subfolders/files therein.

    rm -f $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/config/kmix* # This deletes all files in the folder /home/yourname/.kde4/share/config/ that start with kmix.

    kmix & # This restarts the program kmix and allows it to continue running in the background, even when this terminal session is closed.

    This was what I was thinking of. If you want someone to run your code, we want them to feel it will do something good and not do any harm. While it is hard to be totally sure of anything, I like to put in as many comments to my coding as I can to help others and to even help me remember what I was doing.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Solution: Kmix eating Up all available Cpu time on one core

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    stamostolias, I would suggest that before anyone ran these commands, they might want to know what they did. One step would be like that of malcolmlewis, pointing to where the solution came from and where presumably, more info could be obtained on its exact purpose.

    OR

    One could just say what each line does like this:

    killall -9 kmix # This stops the program kmix from running, if it is running.

    rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/kmix/ # This deletes the folder /home/yourname/.kde4/share/apps/kmix/ and all subfolders/files therein.

    rm -f $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/config/kmix* # This deletes all files in the folder /home/yourname/.kde4/share/config/ that start with kmix.

    kmix & # This restarts the program kmix and allows it to continue running in the background, even when this terminal session is closed.

    This was what I was thinking of. If you want someone to run your code, we want them to feel it will do something good and not do any harm. While it is hard to be totally sure of anything, I like to put in as many comments to my coding as I can to help others and to even help me remember what I was doing.

    Thank You,
    Do not worry about that. I run these commands because I had this problem and it is ok.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •