making fancy boot screen

hi i am new to opensuse.i used sle11 before.my brother makes it’s bootscreen diffrent like walking penguins on the screen.can i make the same thing on opensuse 11.4?

Thank you.

Considering the trouble you are having already. Don’t even go there.

means can’t done this in opensuse?

What kind of answer is that? I admit I am not familiar with the “trouble” you mention, but either way, I am sure vike4 is not looking for someone lecturing him on where he should go or not. No offence meant, caf…

vike4, are you actually talking about the bootscreen or the bootloaderscreen (like →that)? The latter is documented, for example →here.

yes gropiuskalle i mentioned that boot loader screen in the video.how to make my screen like that?

Didn’t you read the second link I posted? Might be a bit to vague to work as a HowTo, though, so have another look →here. “The short way” should be easy enough.

It wasn’t meant to be offensive.
Just that new users would be better not trying to run before they can walk.
And in my experience, users often get in a right mess when they start playing with stuff like this.

I’d just rather @vike4 get comfortable with openSUSE, rather than experience shipwreck and then end up jumping ship because of a bad experience.

Thanks for keeping me in check @ gropiuskalle
And for the good advice offered

also tell me how to get the default boot loader screen too.:-))

You mean you don’t have a boot screen?
Or do we have a language barrier?

On 2011-05-19 11:06, vike4 wrote:
>
> yes gropiuskalle i mentioned that boot loader screen in the video.how to
> make my screen like that?

It is documented in many places, like in that bugzilla you were told. Or
search the forum for the word “Christmas”.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)