Thread: LXDE configurations

Default LXDE configurations

I'm looking for tips, and tweaks people have used to make their LXDE environment user friendly and not mix with the other desktops, (for example, I added icons on the desktop in LXDE, to learn they appear on Gnomes desktop).
    What little I've used in LXDE, I like, I'm just looking to greatly improve the ease of use.
    All the virtuous deeds and merit ... can be destroyed by just one moment of anger.

Blog Entries

Default Re: LXDE configurations

As best I can tell, what you see on the LXDE desktop is the content of the $HOME/Desktop directory. That's also what shows on the desktop in gnome, in XFCE, and in the "folder view" widget of a default KDE desktop.

In KDE, you can configure which folder is used by "folder view". I'm not sure whether that is similarly configurable with the other X environments.

I installed LXDE on my laptop a few days ago, just to test it out. I am still puzzling over why I would ever want to use it, when icewm is already available to provide a minimalist desktop environment.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

I installed LXDE on my laptop a few days ago, just to test it out. I am still puzzling over why I would ever want to use it, when icewm is already available to provide a minimalist desktop environment.
    Likewise I installed LXDE to test it out; I'm trying to find it's uniqueness, it seems similar to Gnome, but I feel limited with setting up the graphical environment That's the tweaks I'm trying to figure out
    All the virtuous deeds and merit ... can be destroyed by just one moment of anger.

Blog Entries

It seems to mainly use a subset of the gnome applications. Since it is supposed to be lightweight, there might not be many tweaks available.

I suppose one would install it instead of gnome, if one only wanted a simpler X environment.

It does run "nm-applet" (the gnome network manager applet). For me, that started automatically. But if I only had LXDE installed, I'm not sure whether it would start automatically, or I would have to manually start it. For comparison, I tried manually starting "nm-applet" under icewm; it ran just fine, but did not display anything. So network manager support would be one advantage of LXDE over icewm.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;