develop web page

Dear all,
I have some experience developing html pages. I was doing that 5 years ago. I want to suggest me one program that will help me deploy fast a site. Few basic html pages connected to a main one (so I need a program that supports the notion of a web-project). My idea is to use this to store information accessible from everywhere that the port 80 is open.

Best Regards

Hello, I use quanta and didn’t find yet something better for linux. It is available in standard repo.

isemionov wrote:

>
> Hello, I use quanta and didn’t find yet something better for linux. It
> is available in standard repo.
>
I recommend bluefish (it is of course a matter of taste if bluefish or
quanta is better). It is available from this repository
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/editors/openSUSE_11.4
A description to decide about it is here
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html

PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram

Bluefish recognises that HTML5 exists whereas Quanta doesn’t yet if that is important to you.

Hello, Try out Aptana Studio.

Does Aptana studio have something like design view for html files? Usually there is this html-view (you see html code only), design view where you see how it might look like, and preview where a browser is launched.
I have not found this design view yet.

alaios wrote:

>
> Does Aptana studio have something like design view for html files?
> Usually there is this html-view (you see html code only), design view
> where you see how it might look like, and preview where a browser is
> launched.
> I have not found this design view yet.
>
Don’t know aptana, but if it does not support that and if a wysiwyg mode is
essential for you there is also kompozer available (install with yast) or
bluegriffon (I installed the Fedora 14 rpm from
http://bluegriffon.org/pages/Download just to see if it works on openSUSE).

PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram

Aptana looks good BUT it does not do wordwrap which is a major blocker for me as I use a lot of blocks of text.

In my Composer I have 4 tabs along the bottom called Normal, HTML Tags, <html> Source and Preview. Preview has never launched a browser and appears to give me the same view as the Normal tab. Could be a bug with SM 2.1RC1. I’ll launch SM 2.0.14 and see if it is different sometime later.

Aptana Studio has a Source tab and Default tab at the bottom of the editor. Preview corresponds to Preview in Composer. Along the left there are 2 small sections with a File and References tab in the top section, and a Get Started and Outline tab in the bottom section. Outline tab shows the HTML Tags in my Studio configuration. Screenshot provided:

](ImageShack - screenshotaptanastudio.png)ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs](ImageShack - screenshotaptanastudio.png)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us