Thread: evolution opensuse kde

Default evolution opensuse kde

Hi all,

I'm having strange issue with my evolution here, having set account with yahoo each time I turn evolution on I am getting tones of previously deleted emails.
    there is no problem with gmail account just yahoo. is it POP3 on yahoo server issue, evolution issue?

Default Re: evolution opensuse kde

now I am even getting a warning message each time I send something, saying "error while fetching mail, cannot get POP summary success"

any ideas how to deal with it?

incoming/outgoing mail server was set correctly, to fix that problem I installed evolution-data-server, evolution-data-server + libraries and evolution-exchange
    it helped and evolution works fine, for now anyway.

There seems to be a bug with 11.4 (Bug 674271), evolution-data-server no longer is selected as a default install when Evolution is installed. It appears to be more necessary than previously thought as 11.3 and 11.2 select it by default.
    The Description says;
    "Evolution Data Server provides a central location for your address book and
    calendar in the GNOME Desktop"

I had issues with KDE, Evolution, Evolution-Exchange and it was fixed by installing Evolution-Data-Server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Squiggle View Post
    There seems to be a bug with 11.4 (Bug 674271), evolution-data-server no longer is selected as a default install when Evolution is installed. It appears to be more necessary than previously thought as 11.3 and 11.2 select it by default.
    The Description says;
    "Evolution Data Server provides a central location for your address book and
    calendar in the GNOME Desktop"

I had issues with KDE, Evolution, Evolution-Exchange and it was fixed by installing Evolution-Data-Server.
    In my case, evolution-data-server was in place, but it still happened after upgrade from F14 to F15 (yes, I am aware of this is an OpenSUSE forum). Reinstallation of evolution-data-server did not resolve the problem. I am still looking for a solution.